None

edited January 2014 in Strategies and Guides
-

Comments

• i use it when i know i'm going to die and i wouldn't be productive if i was still alive. offense players use it when they want to restart their next run so they can resume their position. defense uses it to get back to base so they can prepare and do their job. also i use it if i don't like the player who is trying to kill me so they don't get 10 points but only if i am for sure going to die in a second or two.
  • I understand the use of suicide in comp play where time is a factor and you need to get back to your position as soon as possible.In pub play there really is no call for it take your ass kicking like everybody else.
  • Suiciding is basically best used as a way to guarantee that you will be back at your own base with full health in 4 seconds. It is an incredibly useful tactic. While doing it just to deny someone their 10 points is frowned upon by bad players who are obsessed with getting 10 points, it is a good way to get into the practice of suiciding when you need to. So, suicide all you want. People who complain about it are just stupid. And servers that put "don't ctrl-k from a fight" in their rules should absolutely not be played on under any circumstance.
  • edited May 2009
    I heard suiciding is useful in competitions. Otherwise (in a pub), you shouldn't suicide in a fight right before you die. You don't really have anything to lose in a pub.
  • anybody who whines about ctrl-k is a newb. number 1 they should have killed you faster if they wanted 10 points. number 2 they are complaining about losing 10 points instead of laughing at the ctrl-k player especially if it was premature.
  • I do not use suicide, i fight to the death in hopes that i can take out my opponent before he takes me out. And even if i don't manage to take him out i will still have wounded him, making him an easier target for my teammates. And sometimes i ski away and heal myself, and then return to battle.
  • I suicide when I see no point in continuing in my current shape. Like if some gay light faggot knocks me way off my sking path, or say if I slip down the base ledge on DX with red health - no way I'm going to waste time to climb all the way back up especially when I'd just get a disc in the face as soon as I reer my ugly head over the ledge. Eg, anytime you get back in the action faster by just killing yourself than not.
    I don't intentionally try to deprive people of points (if I pick a fight myself I always stick around till the end even if I know I'm going to lose), but naturally there's bound to happen some "kill-dodging" with the above philosophy.

Sometimes I also use suicide just as a quick lottery ticket trying to get another spawn location, eg midfield tower vs base on Katabatic, or if I start on the top inside floor of the Blastside base - you usually get suited up & on your way faster by CTRL-K'ing yourself than walking all the way down to the entrance or flag room invos. etc.
  • ctrl-k = minus 10 points.
    ctrl-k during a duel = poosie.
    ...and I don't care about the points.
    However, if ya ctrl-k during a duel with me, you are a marked man. I won't hunt ya down 'cuz yer not worth my time, but if I ever come across ya again on the fields, I'll spank ya like the poosie ya are. ;D
  • If you're low on health and ammo and far from your base, suicide is fine...

But after I shoot you down or start to kick your ass...that's lame. If you don't want to fight on the ground, damage yourself before flying so when your vehicle blows, you die.

There's just no excuse for suiciding while you're both fighting on the ground...
  • I suicide during duels for one reason: if I kill myself right before they kill me, they will get pissed at me. Which means almost any time they see me pop over the hill, they will drop what they are doing and try to get in a little fight with me. Instead of doing something useful and helping their team, they are going to waste their time trying to kill me.
  • I suicide during duels for one reason: if I kill myself right before they kill me, they will get pissed at me. Which means almost any time they see me pop over the hill, they will drop what they are doing and try to get in a little fight with me. Instead of doing something useful and helping their team, they are going to waste their time trying to kill me.

indeed
  • ctrlk=cheap
  • ;D Wimp stuff, I only do it to get back to base but never in a battle cause you may take the other guy with you which does happen many times ::)
  • edited May 2009
    Real players Ctrl+K in Arena.
    (That was a joke.)

Anyway, players should get used to people using Ctrl+K. You don't need to pointwhore to show that you're a credit to your team. It is very easy to score points without actually helping your team, and all but a few positions should even pay attention to their score. This isn't Battlefield where your killing skills are on trial; this is Tribes 2, and it is your actual impact that's on trial. One player may get 50 points for capping a flag, but he probably had help.

Of course, my view on the subject may be skewed considering my favorite gametype does not even have a personal point system.
  • If i'm in a good ski and I have 3 or more LD chasing me to timbuktu, I may hang in there just to waste their time and keep the flag clear for my capper.

ctrl k:
    -only one chaser oob;
    -No ammo in my favorite weapons;
    -Way off course;
    -Stuck in deep water
    -stuck behind or in something (deployable inventory bug sometimes gets me)
    -Want to change loadout;
    -try new approach,
    -need to get back to base fast, (to defend)
    -low health and don't want to block inventory for teammates while healing up (maps like DX).
    -i'm in spawn at enemy base after flag return

I've had people ctrl k with a sliver of health while we were actually in a duel, not ctf. Can't handle being defeated by a woman. I loose respect for them.

I see people ctrl k a lot if there is a missle lock on them, or they know they cant escape mortar blast radius. I tried it once like that after seeing it so many times by other players. bad for my mojo.

Have to own your demons, or they will own you.
  • Can't handle being defeated by a woman. I loose respect for them.

That makes no sense at all...you loose respect for us when we beat you?
  • Holy shit i thought i won't live enoungh to see this ,a woman playing t2???slap me
    there are more than there share there used to be tribe called estrogen a few years back,Sexy A is a good friend of mine and she not only is a woman but a dam good t2 player.I dont know about now but at one time t2 had a strong female player base.
  • I fully condone it. Do it.
  • then there was that kid who did it online while his fan club watched
  • I almost joined Estrogen...heh.

And yes, T2 has an extremely broad fan base...I mean seriously...it's Tribes 2! Who wouldn't like it?

(Except WarCrack wh--es....peeps...)
  • Holy shit i thought i won't live enoungh to see this ,a woman playing t2???slap me

.:Acquiesces:.
  • I almost joined Estrogen...heh.

And yes, T2 has an extremely broad fan base...I mean seriously...it's Tribes 2! Who wouldn't like it?

(Except WarCrack wh--es....peeps...)

Estrogen was rough. Jupe had something great in mind, but only about three or so of the women on that team at that time knew their stuff well enough to be on a competitive team. A few had no idea how to use their weapons, didn't understand how to enter and exit inventory stations...skiing. We're talking noobs. Jupe put a lot of effort into it. Much respect to her, but Imagine going into a scrimmage or match with a team comprised of new players making simple mistakes and inexperienced in fighting against a team of vets. Now imagine doing it with all the hype and publicity within the community. It was painful.

Probably better to have a ladies' pick up night, where each team picks up same number of women and battles it out. The newer ladies might have learned from that and built up skills.

ctrl k ...way off course.
  • never had ad never will i will fight ti'll i die or get going for some life.
  • edited May 2009
    I saw allot of people suiciding beacause i was near them and they're low health ,i observed that 3 months ago so i used it too . Actualy i used it so often that i binded x with suicide but only when m verry verry low health or i know i have no escape .
    Some people get pissed really hard when you suicide and dont give them points but allot of people do it so i thought why not . Isn't a good strategy ?I don't want to give points to my adversary but it does anything else than just not giving points ? If i suicide they can take my loadout ?
    Do you use suicide ?

You can search for posts on this topic, as I've made several defenses of suiciding in the past.

Suicide does several things:
    * Saves you time (instead of waiting to die, you get back to base)
    * Keeps bad behavior from being rewarded (suicide is usually only practical in situations where the attacker is doing something harmful to their own team)
    * It enrages bad players and you effectively have removed one enemy player from the match (a one person swing)

Generally, anyone that gets mad at you for suiciding is a selfish asshole concerned only with point-whoring and not the least with their teammates.
  • anybody who whines about ctrl-k is a newb. number 1 they should have killed you faster if they wanted 10 points.

And suicide player does not have skills to win the other player in the first place. (This is mostly on classic, version2 etc because those has unbalanced gameplay for speed and easier playing)
  • anybody who whines about ctrl-k is a newb. number 1 they should have killed you faster if they wanted 10 points.

And suicide player does not have skills to win the other player in the first place. (This is mostly on classic, version2 etc because those has unbalanced gameplay for speed and easier playing)
    lol newb

That's incorrect.
  • Ignore Scholtz, he's just a troll. I've thoroughly overturned his concept of Tribes 2 at least once in a thread, and he simply moved on to post stupid crap in another thread. No one could be stupid enough to actually believe what he's posting, especially when confronted with irrefutable evidence to the contrary.
  • edited May 2009
    I heard suiciding is useful in competitions. Otherwise (in a pub), you shouldn't suicide in a fight right before you die. You don't really have anything to lose in a pub.

Personally I dont think it matters whether its a pub or competition. Ctrl + k in the heat of battle really has nothing to do with denying someone points. At least thats not why I do it. Most people who have played Tribes for quite some time know its just part of the game. This goes all the way back to Tribes 1. They do it during the intensity of a skirmish to quickly get back into the fight and or get back in their position whether Defense or Offense. Tribes CTF isnt really about who gets the most points.
  • Tribes CTF isnt really about who gets the most points.

+10 points.