More o' the same (Vista troubles)

Life can be very cruel. When I saw the news that Tribes2 was back, I flipped a wig. Without a doubt, it's my favorite game of all time, and I haven't played in years. Unfortunately, I now have a Vista-equipped PC, and I can't get Tribes going for love or money. I get the same unhandled exception error as everybody else, and I've tried EVERYTHING with no avail.
Oh, to ski again, to soar magnificently across the best maps I've ever seen, to kill with grace and style...
This is very frustrating. Won't some Tribes guru-person out there fix this mess? I would do it myself, but I'm an idiot.
  • low.jpg

Comments

• There are many, many patches out there for vista's stupidity, I will help you as soon as i figure out which patches you can try, let me ask around and I will get back to you bro.. OR just use a WinXP disc and take off vista.. Thats what I did.
  • Thanks brother. I'll stay tuned - I bet there lots of us in this stinky boat right now.
  • Probably so. I'm here to help.
  • I'm having the same problem too, it's just so frustrating because Tribes is right there, on my desktop! Yet I can't play.
  • I'm running Vista, and i have no problems what so ever. This might have something to do with that i disabled Admin requirements long ago.
    (I don't get those lame,
    "Are you really really really sure you want to move this file?",
    "Yeah?",
    "You SURE?",
    "Aight then.")

Try that. I was among the first people to download it. (my guid is like 2000264)
  • I'm running Vista, and i have no problems what so ever. This might have something to do with that i disabled Admin requirements long ago.
    (I don't get those lame,
    "Yeah?",
    "You SURE?",
    "Aight then.")

Try that. I was among the first people to download it. (my guid is like 2000264)

I run T2 on Vista too.
  • I doubt it would work but I'll try it. Do you remember where you disabled it?
  • Hey glad you want to play, I have 2 pcs one with xp and one with Vista and have had no problems connecting using the new server. I installed both PCs with the original disks, T2 then 25034 upgrade, connected with the Lan only Icon using the TCMS patch in the base folder to get all servers available, then removed the TCMS and set up the Next Server and both are working ok.
    GQQD Luck
  • Also, be sure that you are using the drivers from the manufacturers of your equipment, not the basic ones that come over Windows Update. Way back in the day on the old sierra webx forums, this was pretty much the most common issue with getting T2 to run.
  • edited January 2009
    I'm running Vista, and i have no problems what so ever. This might have something to do with that i disabled Admin requirements long ago.
    (I don't get those lame,
    "Yeah?",
    "You SURE?",
    "Aight then.")

I run T2 on vista too and I still have that prompt . The only problems i've had so far is it crashes when I alt-tab.

I run it on a Dell M1530 with all Dell drivers. Like the above post said don't use windows update drivers.

-Phil