TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  General Discussion >  Any scripts to decrease ping ???? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Any scripts to decrease ping ????
Scorpio
Nugget

View Profile
May 15, 2009, 03:26:22 PM »
i m using dsl cable i get 256/98  , any advice
blazzingroach
Nugget³

View Profile
1: May 15, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »
Is that 256kbs down and 98kbs up or is that the range of your ping rates when looking at the server listing?
If this is your ping rate on DSL, ya might wanna change provider...
I'll be looking into getting dial-up because my satellite connection bites. My latency is well over 3000ms and my down speed can get as fast as 40kbs. Sometimes I get the advertised speeds, but in reality, HUGHES.NET BLOWS CHUNKS.

BLAZE ON!
hurrr
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
2: May 15, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
If there was a way to to magically circumvent physical technological restrictions and  "decrease ping" with a mere script, don't you think it would have been implented in the game on launch, and every other netplay game ever created, too?

There is no magical way to improve your internet connection, other than buying a better service from a better provider. Or moving out of the boonies, in case you have no alternatives or are otherwise screwed by your physical location.
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
3: May 15, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »
Download/install ansible.vl2 for your magical super-luminal communication needs. Make sure the server has it installed too. The philotic rays connection should reduce your latency time to 0 ms.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Jasio
Nugget

View Profile
4: May 15, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »
Download/install ansible.vl2 for your magical super-luminal communication needs. Make sure the server has it installed too. The philotic rays connection should reduce your latency time to 0 ms.

Hahaha... I got a chuckle out of that. Though I prefer tachyon.vl2 myself -- its more user-friendly.

.:: Servers ::.
Wargrounds CTF
Wargrounds Classic Duel
Wargrounds Havoc
Wargrounds Heavy Medal
Wargrounds Raceway
Scorpio
Nugget

View Profile
5: May 15, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »

What does this script do?
Scorpio
Nugget

View Profile
6: May 15, 2009, 11:57:37 PM »
Is that 256kbs down and 98kbs up or is that the range of your ping rates when looking at the server listing?
If this is your ping rate on DSL, ya might wanna change provider...
I'll be looking into getting dial-up because my satellite connection bites. My latency is well over 3000ms and my down speed can get as fast as 40kbs. Sometimes I get the advertised speeds, but in reality, HUGHES.NET BLOWS CHUNKS.

yup i get minimum of 256 download speed  and minimum of 98 upload!
blazzingroach
Nugget³

View Profile
7: May 16, 2009, 06:53:45 AM »

yup i get minimum of 256 download speed  and minimum of 98 upload!

At those rates, I'd say STFU and quit'cher frikkin' whinnin'.  Grin

I dled and installed T2 and the TN patch on the computer at work that has DSL connection speed like yours.  Was impressed at how easy the process was. Was online playing at work during lunch in a matter of minutes. Tried the patch on my original T2 install at home, got nothing but UE. Can't dl anything that big at home cuz of the stupid DL restrictions through Hughesnet.

BLAZE ON!
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
8: May 16, 2009, 07:04:04 AM »
1. Open a media player but don't play anything on it, then start yuor tirbes2 game
2. Dl frameskippa.cs and set it to 1 or 2
3. Huh
4. Profit!
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
9: May 16, 2009, 08:33:06 AM »
1. Open a media player but don't play anything on it, then start yuor tirbes2 game
2. Dl frameskippa.cs and set it to 1 or 2
3. Huh
4. Profit!

Or try Game Booster. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
Not sure if it helps with connection speed.. but it really helps my 6150 SE video card with T2. (Runs fluidly) Just run it and click "Switch To Gaming Mode" before playing anything.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:34:37 AM by Dark Dragon DX »

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
Scorpio
Nugget

View Profile
10: May 16, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »
connection bandwidth is 2mbps! Undecided
hurrr
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
11: May 16, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »
Are you sure you're not just confusing bits and bytes? A 2 MegaBIT per second connection comes out at ~about 250 kiloBYTES per second (eg what you see in your firefox download bandwidth counter etc).

Also, "ping" isn't really directly related to connection bandwidth at all.
Oni Link
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
12: May 16, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »
this thread makes me laugh

This signature is 99.9% Bandwidth Free.        Also Known as Remorse
{)NOOB(}
Nugget³

View Profile
13: May 17, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
I used to know a function that I used when i was back on dial up.
when I started lagging I would type it in the console and then it wouldn't seem as jumpy.  Maybe someone knows which function I'm talking about?
Ps. This function didn't actually reduce your ping it just changed a variable to make your end seem less laggy.

TW Needs to bring their version of war2003 back!!!
Shizuka
Assault

View Profile
14: May 18, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
Ask your ISP really really nicely if they'll prioritize your connection above all the other subscribers when you run T2.

The above is Shizuka Kamishima.
Why not?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything