Any scripts to decrease ping ????

i m using dsl cable i get 256/98 , any advice

Comments

• Is that 256kbs down and 98kbs up or is that the range of your ping rates when looking at the server listing?
    If this is your ping rate on DSL, ya might wanna change provider...
    I'll be looking into getting dial-up because my satellite connection bites. My latency is well over 3000ms and my down speed can get as fast as 40kbs. Sometimes I get the advertised speeds, but in reality, HUGHES.NET BLOWS CHUNKS.
  • If there was a way to to magically circumvent physical technological restrictions and "decrease ping" with a mere script, don't you think it would have been implented in the game on launch, and every other netplay game ever created, too?

There is no magical way to improve your internet connection, other than buying a better service from a better provider. Or moving out of the boonies, in case you have no alternatives or are otherwise screwed by your physical location.
  • Download/install ansible.vl2 for your magical super-luminal communication needs. Make sure the server has it installed too. The philotic rays connection should reduce your latency time to 0 ms.
  • Download/install ansible.vl2 for your magical super-luminal communication needs. Make sure the server has it installed too. The philotic rays connection should reduce your latency time to 0 ms.

Hahaha... I got a chuckle out of that. Though I prefer tachyon.vl2 myself -- its more user-friendly.

What does this script do?
  • Is that 256kbs down and 98kbs up or is that the range of your ping rates when looking at the server listing?
    If this is your ping rate on DSL, ya might wanna change provider...
    I'll be looking into getting dial-up because my satellite connection bites. My latency is well over 3000ms and my down speed can get as fast as 40kbs. Sometimes I get the advertised speeds, but in reality, HUGHES.NET BLOWS CHUNKS.

yup i get minimum of 256 download speed and minimum of 98 upload!

yup i get minimum of 256 download speed and minimum of 98 upload!

At those rates, I'd say STFU and quit'cher frikkin' whinnin'. ;D

I dled and installed T2 and the TN patch on the computer at work that has DSL connection speed like yours. Was impressed at how easy the process was. Was online playing at work during lunch in a matter of minutes. Tried the patch on my original T2 install at home, got nothing but UE. Can't dl anything that big at home cuz of the stupid DL restrictions through Hughesnet.
  • 1. Open a media player but don't play anything on it, then start yuor tirbes2 game
    2. Dl frameskippa.cs and set it to 1 or 2
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
  • edited May 2009
    1. Open a media player but don't play anything on it, then start yuor tirbes2 game
    2. Dl frameskippa.cs and set it to 1 or 2
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

Or try Game Booster. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
    Not sure if it helps with connection speed.. but it really helps my 6150 SE video card with T2. (Runs fluidly) Just run it and click "Switch To Gaming Mode" before playing anything.
  • connection bandwidth is 2mbps! :-\
  • Are you sure you're not just confusing bits and bytes? A 2 MegaBIT per second connection comes out at ~about 250 kiloBYTES per second (eg what you see in your firefox download bandwidth counter etc).

Also, "ping" isn't really directly related to connection bandwidth at all.
  • this thread makes me laugh
  • I used to know a function that I used when i was back on dial up.
    when I started lagging I would type it in the console and then it wouldn't seem as jumpy. Maybe someone knows which function I'm talking about?
    Ps. This function didn't actually reduce your ping it just changed a variable to make your end seem less laggy.
  • Ask your ISP really really nicely if they'll prioritize your connection above all the other subscribers when you run T2.
  • edited May 2009
    ;D NO Joke, contact your ISP and ask the tech to review your settings with you, perhaps there may be adjustments that can be made for improvement? ::) Also DSL has 3 account speeds, which one do you have the lowest one may be causing your high pings? ???
  • I dled and installed T2 and the TN patch on the computer at work
    Haha ily
  • edited May 2009
    i m using dsl cable i get 256/98 , any advice

What you're talking about here is bandwidth, not ping. Ping refers to the latency - how long it takes for a bit of information or "ping" to travel from you to the server and back. The lower your ping, the less your game lag - especially noticeable in trigger lag. Your bandwidth or what most people refer to as "download speed" may restrict your game playing (especially when the bandwidth requirements spike suddenly; that will give you a sudden freeze), but it has very little to do with your actual ping.
  • actually i need a script which can use my bandwidth a little more than usually allowing me to get a good latency ;D allowing to get atleast a constant one. mne jumps between 250ms - 550ms i game play.

And using game boosters ll only increase my physical memory a bit cut cuting out unwanted processes.

Thanx
  • If your still using a old computer maybe its time to look at a upgrade, mainly CPU, RAM, and Graphics card. Maybe even your network card if its a cheap no-name brand.
  • Or simply just purchase a whole new computer if your just going to update a few things..Old computers are ugly as hell.
  • If your on ethernet, just getting a good network card is enough for good ping, but if your on dialup. High ping could be a number of things. WinModems are terrible, you need a good dialup card, mostly externals are best, and be careful of usb modems. Make sure they are not winmodems also.
  • interpolate.