''Start'' thingy blocking game buttons

Ok, this blue line with start button on it is blocking many things in my game, and i just can't get rid of it! Does someone know how to fix this? It's SO annoyning and it often hides important stuff away from me!
  • Problem.PNG

Comments

• All I usually have to do is click on the game a couple of times, and it goes away. If that doesn't work, click on the Tribes 2 tab on the Windows Toolbar (the "Start" thingy) or try ALT + TAB ing a few times.
  • Nope doesn't work... thanks anyway.
  • What video card are you using, and what graphics mode (D3D or OpenGL) is the game using?

You can try switching graphics mode, but if all else fails, you can run in windowed mode.
  • I know the later versions of the NVidia drivers do that with Tribes 2 in fullscreen...
    Best bet is simply running in windowed mode, unless you can find a pre-160 revision (I think that's when it started happening with my card..)
  • Possible solution, right click on it, go to properties, un-check "Keep Task Bar On Top Of Other Windows," Or you can choose to auto-hide the task bar, keeps it on top, but only when you scroll your mouse to the bottom. Hope that helps.
  • edited May 2009
    What video card are you using, and what graphics mode (D3D or OpenGL) is the game using?
    Ok it looks like i have OpenGL but i cannot change it. There is no such thing as D3D in there. And i have Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT.
    mYhth, i tried to use auto_hide and i think this is the best solution. Thanks for your help everybody!
  • You might also attempt updating the drivers.
    It helped me years ago when I had the same problem.