Cant Connect, (looked over everything)

edited May 2009 in Support
So i've been messing with this for a few hours, sadly, and I've found nothing to help this go any more. I've checked the FAQ and looked through these forums. nothin...

* Your firewall is blocking connection attempts to the auth server. Add an exception and retry. Turned Off, Even tried in game mode (avira) Nothing. even did port forwarding. zip.
* Your antivirus is checking (and blocking) the connections to the auth server. Disable HTTP checking and retry. Avira was opened up to Tribes2.exe or whatever the main exe is. Zip.
* Set your affinity (instructions) Done all the affinity for Multi-core stuff, tried single core, on each core, and then both cores. Zip.
* Your copy of the game is corrupted. Try reinstalling or redownloading (We suggest using the torrent). Used the torrent, Forced Recheck, Redownloaded the torrent, Found it on some website (same file) and still nothing... :/ Frustration sets in. hehe
* The auth server is currently down. Showing that its up. and was since I checked the site for the first time (checking for 3 hours, site shows up the whole time)

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks so much.

*edited, SierraUp.exe was also added to exceptions.

Comments

• If you can't get the auth server to come online, it's most likely an anti-virus thing. Make sure the exception for tribes2.exe is for all ports on both the UDP and TCP protocols.
  • Did that, Routers and Anti Virus, Totally nuked web-guard which was the main problem that i forsaw, still nothing.. Im going to figure it out :P thanks for the reply though! :)
  • This has been solved.
This discussion has been closed.