A pledge to to help a Noob!

Denniz brought up a good point in another post. While noobs can be annoying making them all the better to slaughter, we must assist them for the sake of the game. I know this will not be an easy transition for some of you but we must do what is necessary to preserve this everlasting war! The learning curve for T2 is not the easiest and can be vary frustrating "So Im told" so please don't be rude to the noobsauces for they are our future.

Comments

• We've always been nice to noobs.
  • A noob should not go to arena servers....
    I kinda agree with this(although I have said otherwise in different threads). But in some cases I believe that Arena is a better solution for noobs then Goon Haven. Yeah yeah you might have to wait up to 2.5 minutes in Arena after you die. But being bombarded with mortars and constantly dying can be hard for a noob. When I first joined T2 I hung out in Arena and I would say I'm pretty good. But yeah I would be willing to Help out a noob, I'm not a veteran who has played for years and years more like Half a year.
  • I play arena pretty much 80% of the time. Its not all cg and yea I wouldn't advice to go in as noob some players out there are REAL douche bags. But I'd be willing to help out since I've played since it came out :)
  • Well how is this gonna go down? There's already some posts about this but no follow through. Create another website just for training. That way the noobs could register to the site and get matched up and create days to train on that website. On forums like this all you can do is post saying that you want to be trained really and contact through PM's and posts. I vote alternate website for noobs wanting to be trained. Maybe if thebeaz wouldn't mind maybe put a banner up in Goon Haven to the alternate website for people in need of training.
  • IRC is 1000x easier than a training website.
  • IRC is 1000x easier than a training website.
    Yeah that would work too. But with the website we can just copy over all the threads/posts about Tanking/HO'ing/Capping/Sniping to that website so that all the stuff that can make you better can be found in one spot along with the trainers.
  • edited June 2009
    Use the wiki?
  • Newbs have the resources they need to improve here and at the GH forums, plus they can join #lastgasp on irc.tribalwar.com and get help with pretty much anything.

Usually, the only people willing/able to train newbs should probably be getting training themselves.
  • The guys at #lastgasp are pretty friendly towards newbies last I checked.
  • Noobs go to arena servers, is this a joke? If a guy who has never played the game before goes to an arena server he will get absolutely decimated.
  • Noobs go to arena servers, is this a joke? If a guy who has never played the game before goes to an arena server he will get absolutely decimated.
    Arena was the very first server I joined when I first started playing Tribes 2 Full. My friend CuLeX(Sunkist/Ridgeback) told me to check it out and I've been playing in Arena ever since and I rape almost all average Goon Haven players and even some people who have been playing T2 alot longer then me.
    My advice for people who want to be trained is if your looking to be good in light armor w/ E-Pack find someone from Arena who is willing to teach you(Same goes with SP). Heavy? top kills/scorers in Goon Haven when there's 40+ ppl. To have the absolutely best shot period, talk to newage99.
  • you mean insulted then kicked ,that happened the first time i ever entered a arena server ...
    When the numbers are small in arena, it is very difficult to make up for a weaker/newer player. When the numbers were high, arena players were more forgiving of developing players.

Still, it isn't good to kick someone. They just need to adjust the teams a little better.
  • you mean insulted then kicked ,that happened the first time i ever entered a arena server ...
    I've only touched an arena server once just to see what it was like, and I haven't gone back since. This is similar to what happened to me when I first tried it.
  • A lot of Arena players are assholes, it's true. It takes a certain mindset to be good at Arena, and a lot of Arena players - even though they can shoot well - lack that mindset, and therefore get beaten by high-level Arena players like Darkstrand and co. Long story short, Arena players who lack the Arena mindset are the kind of people who get frustrated really easily, and it eventually just makes them hostile toward everyone they don't know. They'll throw around wild cheat accusations, yell at people on their team who don't pull their weight, and taunt people at every opportunity. I won't name any names, but if you spend any time in Arena, it's pretty easy to make your own list.

So yeah, if you come across "bad guys" like that, your Arena experience will be pretty negative. Try to look out for a "good guys" like Darkstrand and co, they will be able to help you out a lot.
  • The biggest asshole of all arena and by far most hated is Inf.
    Idk who "co" is. Unless your talking about "CoJack", who I can beat easily.
    Yes, If your looking for a good ol' "buddy buddy" time Arena is not the place for you. Lots of guys are assholes in Arena. But there's lots of kind people too. IMO Arena has settled down alot over the past few months although the word "cheater" is thrown around constantly now.
    Some of the guys/girls who are often associated with the word cheating are: Darkstrand,WB,|Blue, and glofan.
    I'm not saying Darkstrand is a "bad guy" I'm just sayin' he's a "fishy" character IMO. He has given me advice and I have meaningfully disregarded it because I simply don't like him.
  • That's not very smart then. Darkstrand does not cheat at all; he just happens to be one of the best Arena players of all time. He's definitely the best Arena player still playing the game, and probably has been for several years. Disregarding his advice for any reason is not a good idea. People bitch at him because they are the people I described in my previous post.

PS. "co" means "company". I'm not sure who that includes anymore though, since I'm not sure how many old school Arena players of that caliber are still around. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Kono.