help with server

i was wondering can you run a server off a wireless conection or does it have to be run off the computer with the router?

Comments

• A server can be connected wirelessly to a wan or lan and work just fine, if that's your question. All you need to do is make sure the router and/or firewall has the right ports open to pass traffic to and from the server. In a typical t2 server, that would be port 28000, with udp as the protocol.
  • edited July 2009
    :D ok i will try that thank you i dont know how to allow a port through norton 360 premier edition could you please help on norton the udp protocal number is 17 should that be the port i run the server on
  • Ok if we are talking about a dedicated server, meaning you're not playing the game from the same system as is hosting the server, you more than likely want to open port 28000 as it's t2 standard port. Udp is indeed protocol 17, but most apps like firewalls and routers have a check box for udp or tcp. If the app or router or firewall wants a protocol number, 17 it is. I have no experience with norton so i can't help there, reading the norton manual will help.