Hello

I am new to Tribes 2 a friend of mine told me about this game awhile ago but all efforts to find it failed until a few days ago I was looking around on the Global Agenda site and someone posted the link to the download page. Currently I am unable to play due to the auth server being down but I have messed around on the LAN/Solo side and I think I will enjoy this game alot. Still cant seem to do the skiing thingy correctly I think I am timing my jumps wrong. I was wondering if there are any active clans looking for members, possibly able to train a complete nub in this game? Anyways thanks for your time, see ya'll soon.

Comments

• Hi and welcome to Tribes 2! Prepare to loose several years from your life as a result of playing!

Have you installed the Tribes-Next patch after you installed Tribes 2? This is the whole reason this site exists as Sierra shut down their master servers last year so the people of Tribes-Next created their own! You'll need to patch the existing game install with this to access the new server list. :)

Hope to see you ingame!
  • Oh yes I downloaded the patch it was on the same page as the .exe file and said it was needed for online game play. And as for losing years of my life I am a quick study maybe I will only lose 6 months.
  • edited July 2009
    You don't need to time the jumps :D just hold down space at all times when you would touch ground... go to TribesNext > TribesNext.com Forums > Tribes 2 > Strategies and Guides and you'll find answers to all of your questions.

Here's the newbies guide for T2
  • If you want help from pros (or maybe just semi-pros), you should look into getting on IRC. If you have something like mIRC, you'll just need to connect to the server irc.tribalwar.com and join the channel #lastgasp
    If anyone is around (which someone usually is), most guys in there would be willing to give pointers and even some one-on-one practice if you need it.
  • Yeah I read up on the strats and all I can now ski ok I would say though I am not use to the maps yet so I dont know what lines I should take when I have the flag etc. Also what is IRC? Is that a comm's program like Vent/TS? Or just a chat program? Also while I have you all here what the population like on the servers? I see on this site it has a list of servers but I cant really tell if they are full or empty, what are prime times to play for people in California? Sorry if this is alot of questions but the more I play the more I like Tribes . Thanks again for your time.
  • OK found the mIRC program, not sure if I want to pay for a chat program but I will run the free version for now, tried to figure out how to join the tribes channel and all kinda complicated I aint to great with computers just like games is all. So I installed it entered the server name and hit ok a list came up with a bunch of channels, didnt see one on there called #lastgasp so more then likely I screwed something up.
  • Well if you've got mIRC installed, you might be able to bypass all the menus and just paste this into your URL bar on FireFox/Explorer/whatever you use.
    irc://irc.tribalwar.com/lastgasp
    That should automatically load up mIRC and join the right channel.
  • Welcome :) If you any questions, ask!
  • OK found the mIRC program, not sure if I want to pay for a chat program but I will run the free version for now, tried to figure out how to join the tribes channel and all kinda complicated I aint to great with computers just like games is all. So I installed it entered the server name and hit ok a list came up with a bunch of channels, didnt see one on there called #lastgasp so more then likely I screwed something up.

mIRC is nagware - you never have to pay for it, but it keeps asking you to pay. Just wait a few seconds and you can click through the request.
  • Welcome to Tribes 2, you'll love it :P