"Entry Point Not Found" when starting...

edited January 2009 in Support
I'm getting the following error message whenever I try to start Tribes 2 Online:

Tribes2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The proceture entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional (x64) Service Pack 1.

Comments

• Sounds like it could be a problem with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.

The game includes a copy of the runtime library of version 6.0.8397.0 in my version of the game, but Windows XP (32-Bit SP3) includes 7.0.2600.5512 in the system directory.

I don't know what the 64-bit version uses, but I would expect it would be newer than the one provided by the game.

You could try updating the copy of that DLL in Tribes2/GameData with the one in Windows\System32, but I don't know if that will help.
  • I tried copying the DLL from the windows folder, but that didn't help. Still gave me the same error.
  • What version was in the game directory prior to switching it for the Windows version?
  • I didn't think to check :X

I'll try a fresh install and see what version of the DLL is there.
  • The version in the C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\ folder after a fresh install, before the patch is: 6.0.8397.0

After-patch, it's the same version number.

The version number in my system32 folder is 7.0.3790.1830
  • The patch does not modify the DLL, so it will remain the same version throughout.
  • If I copy the DLL from c:\windows\system32 over to c:\dynamix\tribes2\gamedata to replace the old DLL, the error message changes:

Tribes2.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.