Unable to log into Chat/IRC

Hello,

I'm having some issues populating the chat/IRC list ingame. I have SmokesIRC script installed so it will auto join my fav chat room but recently it has stopped working. when I click on the Chat tab I it seems like its trying to join, but then errors out. Here is the message I get...

Connecting to IP:irc.arloria.net:6667
Established TCP/IP connection
NOTICE FROM: lennier.irc.arloria.net *** Looking up Hostname
NOTICE FROM: lennier.irc.arloria.net *** Couldn't resolve your hostname, using your IP address instead
CERT: You have not registered

After that it times out and nothing more happens. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help. I don't know anything about IRC clients so I'm kinda lost.

Thanks in advance.

AnarkZ

Comments

• Possible that you're just pinging out. Maybe your script isn't sending the requisite PONG replies so the server knows you're still live. Try the normal chat client in T2, or a different client altogether (arloria.net has a Flash-based client, or you can try the Chatzilla extension for Firefox, or an endless number of other alternatives).
  • Are there any that work ingame? I use Smokes in conjunction with Alware so I can read and type in the IRC while I'm in a server. Like I said I don't really know how the chat/irc works. When the game populates the list of chatrooms in the chat tab is that basically just an IRC client going to irc.arloria.net / #Tribes? I always thought an irc channel was one room; can they contain many?

I logged into tribes on another computer and tried joining the chat without SmokesIRC installed and it seems to work fine. I'm going to have to reinstall tribes and set up my scripts again because I tried deleting the Smokes script but it must overwrite files elsewhere cause it still wont work. Just looking for a work around to save me some trouble.

Thanks again

AnarkZ
  • Use the new IRC client in conjunction with LobbyTab
  • Delete DSOs, and you shouldn't have to reinstall