Installation instructions question

Hello,

I am not so sure I am understanding the instructions for installing everything. I have the 2 files that this site says are needed to play the game. I do the Gsi first and then the TribesNext which appears to be a patch. The problem is in the way the instructions are written.. It is telling me to put something in some files somewhere and I have absolutely no idea where to find these files.. Or if it is even really telling me to do that. seems there is many ways to fix the issue once its installed and I dont even know if i am having that issue because when I installed it basically everything showed up but servers.

I do have AVG and I will uninstall it before I install the game but what I would like to know is that if I uninstall the antivirus and then install ... will I need to do anything else after that to see the server list? and exactly what order do I install? and is there anything else needed for install other then just clicking on those two files?

thanks

Comments

• I fail to see how this question has anything to do with account creation.

The only installation instructions we provide are in the form of the screenshot walktrhough available here, which covers everything you need to do: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.0

I don't know what instructions are telling you to edit files, but it doesn't sound like anything I have written. For TribesNext, you simply install Tribes 2 (from the GameSpy Installer -- GSI), then run the latest version of the patch (RC2a at the moment).

You then run the game; there is no file editing or any other nonsense.