server starts but not seen

edited January 2010 in Server Support
I am a total noob to this so......
I have been through several of the posts regarding this and cannot find the answer.
First I have opened my router and when I launch the server i get the message that the heartbeat is confirmed also when I first launched it the message said that my server was added to the master list. In the settings menu I selected show always as well.
When I try to join my server it doesnt show up on the master list. I have tried to add my ip both the public one and the private one as mentioned in one of the posts and join that way and i get the message that the server timed out. When I try to add it to favorites the game crashes, Also if I minimize tribes 2 i get a UE.
I have tried running it as a dedicated server, as a dedicated pure server, and also have just selected the host option. No luck.
Any help is appreciated Thank you

Update: I found the post suggesting I look at the LAN listing. Sure enough it is there but I cant log into it I get the message that I need to dl the tribes 2 client from tribes next. This is after I am asked for the password.>>>>>>

The

Comments

• >>>>> Also I looked on the master list and my ip shows the server being online.
    I tried to look in console for it but I am not sure of the exact command. I typed: querylanservers28000 and got command unrecognized. (told you i was a noob)

I also see on the console that my username needs to register yet I have no problem playing the game on other servers although I get a message in game that says "failed to log onto irc server"........
    uuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • ok.. now its working and i did nothing further... hopefully it will stay that way..must have been a ghost in the machine...