Weapon Skill

Does anyone know of a guide with training tips and strategies for various weapons and how to effectively use them? Some people appear to have almost impossible aim, im not saying anyone is cheating here, but a few are so good it seems like it. Or if anyone has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated, I am decent with the spinfusor, being able to make mid air shots now and then and busting cappers, but I suck with pretty much every other weapon, especially the chaingun, but people tend to mow me down time to time. My connection is top notch and so is my cpu, so its not that, I just suck with anything other than the spinfusor. I am best at flag capping and light D, but im really only half decent at that. Any help on how I can make some guts fly would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    1) turn your mouse sensitivity down very low
    2) if you are pinging 60 or more in game, you have to lead shots. chaingunning should involve aiming in front of the target at the far edge and then some till you get the ping hit sound (classic mod).
    3) disc shots involve calculating in your mind where the player will be while knowing the speed of the projectile
    4) grenade launcher involves the same calculation as disc, adding in the timer of the grenade. (projectile does not explode on impact under a certain timeframe/ or distance). other launcher tactics are bouncing over hills, around corners and "rolling" them at people who are walking around. all of this includes knowing the angles well enough to inflict damage.
    5) plasma is good for indoors and static targets.
    6) laser is similar aiming with chaingun.
    7) mortar is similar aiming with grenade launcher, but with more range and increased timer.
    8 elf is within 40 meters or so
    9) missile involves learning the timer that goes from target to lock and being able to fire right as you get a lock.
    10) shocklance is similar to a close up laser, chaingun, or disc and is best utilized in a straight ahead shot while moving away from the target because the target is closer to you because of internet lag
  • I find that it is ESSENTIAL to know how to use a spinfusor, chaingun, and grenade launcher. The launcher seems to be the most useful when you're enemy's moving fast, yet on the ground (or about to land) and you're much higher up than he is. Don't know why, but hitting a blazing fast flag carrier with my spinfuser seems a lot harder. Just be sure to compensate for the arc and your speed. You should use a chaingun when your enemy is at low health - but if you're really close, it'll pack a pretty good punch anyhow, and you won't have to worry about splash damage. The other weapons are, of course, important, but these three are great to have if someone challenges you to a duel or you suddenly notice a flag carrier rushing in.
  • obs players who are good with the weapon you are interested in "mastering"

you have little to fear from aimbots in t2, those that exist aren't very good
  • edited February 2010
    i think i got the lead figured out a little on the chaingun, thanks to a couple rigorous days of playing heavy shield def. going to practice with the laser rifle next. love that *ding* sound when you hit a far off flag capper with a mortar, theres something special about it. also some cappers take the same route often, so i figured out where they like to touch ground and put explosions there. man i have been missing out playing light.

edit: thaen that mouse sensitivity tip was great, that was most of my problem, works best for me at about 20-25% still having trouble tracking guys right up my @#$ with the chaingun though