TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  Place for Noobs (me :D ) to complain about overpowered stuff. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of these items do you think is the cheapest/noobiest/stupidest and why?
Chaingun - 5 (23.8%)
Grenade Launcher - 10 (47.6%)
Shocklance - 0 (0%)
Shield pack (especially with the plasmas no longer bypassing shields...) - 0 (0%)
Blaster - 0 (0%)
ELF gun - 3 (14.3%)
Mine-disc - 3 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Place for Noobs (me :D ) to complain about overpowered stuff.
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
July 17, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »
Well, I've heard a lot of complaints about certain weapons/packs over the past few YEARS... So now is the chance to tell everyone Cheesy Which do you think is the stupidest/noobiest?

Just a small explanation on the options:

1. Lots of complaints. Chews people up too fast, too accurate for a CG, too much damage per bullet... I've heard them all.

2. My personal enemy. Ridiculous fire rate, ridiculous damage, huge blast radius. WILL RESULT IN USERS BEING HUNTED DOWN.

3. I'm actually surprised this one made it on the list. Lots of people complaining, calling it useless and such. It does Spinfusor damage with the bonus "behind-the-back" instakill. Plus unlimited ammo. The biggest complaint I've heard in a game is that the range is too long.

4. I see the usefulness indoors. Lots of explosions and such. The people outside bug me. Not sure why, they just do.

5. Apparently this annoys the crap out of people. It's the only weapon that gets through shields now. And THAT pisses off the shielders. You know the risks, now open up and suck on some glowing red balls.

6. This is more of a "useless" and only in one situation. The HEAVY LOVE standard loadout has nothing that uses energy, and if you're trying to use it alone and duel someone with that loadout, you're asking to hug the "big green boomie." Other than that, I think it can be pretty useful. Stop carriers and drain shields and such.

7. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS. IF YOU CAN'T HIT A FLYING TARGET, AND THAT'S YOUR CLOUD, YOU GO RIGHT OFF AND DAMN WELL MANUFACTURE A SILVER LINING. This is more for people who have been killed by it one too many times.

Well, by this time you've posted your votes. Probably. So why did you vote what you voted? Any commentary on what I've mentioned? Please, do tell. *sips Coke* It's not like I have anything better to do...

THAT'S MORTALS FOR YOU,  Death continued. THEY'VE ONLY GOT A FEW YEARS IN THIS WORLD AND THEY SPEND THEM ALL IN MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED FOR THEMSELVES.
Red Shifter
Scout

View Profile
1: July 17, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »
where's the goddamn laser rifle

that thing is why i barely play

and plasma NEVER bypassed shield.  ever.
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
2: July 18, 2010, 04:08:09 AM »
awww
laser is my fav!
should be one shot headshot kills for a full charge!

but the mortar spam.........

come on!

get heavy
ski
lob mortar
ski
lob mortar
ski
lob mortar
if your lucky you can get several kills with each mortar lobbed
Kryand
Assault

View Profile
3: July 18, 2010, 04:21:55 AM »
For classic, grenade launcher is the correct answer, and it's not a matter of opinion. (Amount of damage you can do) / (focus required) is drastically higher for the grenade launcher than any other weapon in the game.

Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
4: July 18, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »

and plasma NEVER bypassed shield.  ever.

Why yes. Yes it did. If you played when it was on a CD, I assume you have the book. Look it up.

@roberttom:

Why is it overpowered? I've found that it's just as easy to hit your friend running by as it is to hit your enemy. I think the beam focuses on the closest target within the reticule.

should be one shot headshot kills for a full charge!

but the mortar spam.........

come on!

Mortars have a ridiculous recharge/cooldown time, though. I think the blast range is a bit big, but it has its major disadvantages.

As for the sniper rifle thing, they tried that on a certain ruleset. The noobs started complaining because the good snipers can hit you in the head while you're moving. The noobs can't. The noobs brought it up. Then when they started dying, they did what noobs do best: complain. (as for the complaining, see the title of the thread Cheesy) Oh, and that rule was taken out because of those complaints.

(In hindsight, I also realize that this is the wrong part of the forum for this discussion... my bad O:)  )
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:21:30 AM by Dr Horrible »

THAT'S MORTALS FOR YOU,  Death continued. THEY'VE ONLY GOT A FEW YEARS IN THIS WORLD AND THEY SPEND THEM ALL IN MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED FOR THEMSELVES.
Kryand
Assault

View Profile
5: July 18, 2010, 11:32:15 AM »
Nothing is overpowered , when two people will fight with the same "overpowered" weapon someone will win beacause they have better skills with that weapon ( or ping,framerate ,etc.)

I don't think you know what overpowered means.

And no, the plasma never went through shields. The manual is wrong, and it's wrong in more places than just that. I thought every person who's been playing that long had already figured that out.

Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
6: July 18, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »
Nothing is overpowered , when two people will fight with the same "overpowered" weapon someone will win beacause they have better skills with that weapon ( or ping,framerate ,etc.)

I don't think you know what overpowered means.

And no, the plasma never went through shields. The manual is wrong, and it's wrong in more places than just that. I thought every person who's been playing that long had already figured that out.

Interesting... Worked just fine for me... Last time I used it... On Goons, actually...

Kryand
Assault

View Profile
7: July 18, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »
Lying doesn't work against people who know all the facts.

Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
8: July 18, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
Lying doesn't work against people who know all the facts.

That was kinda unnecessary... It was on white dwarf, I was playing gen defense. I admit it may not have been the plasma (although in a small room, it's good for clearing) but SOMETHING must have happened to kill him. I was the only guy there and he had his shield pack, so I can't see why he wouldn't have it on. I MIGHT have killed his shields, but if I did then it only took a shot or two.

Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
9: July 19, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
@Kryand

My apologies.

With further testing (I've only played for like six months TOTAL) I've noticed that the plasma rifle, in fact, does NOT penetrate shields. I don't know if it worked when it came out, because by the time I got it the servers were empty, and BOTS don't use shield packs much. I was wrong. Sorry.

Kryand
Assault

View Profile
10: July 19, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
Oh, well I thought you said you had been playing since release, but I guess I confused you with someone else. Sorry for my comments, I wouldn't have been hard on you if I knew you hadn't been playing for that long.

Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
11: July 19, 2010, 04:59:25 PM »
Oh, well I thought you said you had been playing since release, but I guess I confused you with someone else. Sorry for my comments, I wouldn't have been hard on you if I knew you hadn't been playing for that long.

Well, the reason I started playing is because I saw my dad playing it a lot when I was younger. And I still can't get Shifter to work Sad That was the cool part... But the game is cool enough by itself. I just got a friend on to it, and he agrees that it's better than CoD, HALO, and Unreal combined.

Anyway, we're getting off track. For those of you just tuning in (and skipping to the bottom of the page for some reason...?) this thread is a poll about what weapon you hate and why, whether it be cheap, useless, nooby, what have you. Let it out. And as previously stated, I'm probably in the wrong forum for this...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:37:01 AM by Dr Horrible »

Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
12: July 20, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
get yer pa to play, us old dudes need to show you younguns that old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
13: July 20, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »
get yer pa to play, us old dudes need to show you younguns that old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

The part after the comma may have made you my favorite current Tribes player ever. I think if you and I collaborated we'd rape everyone in Goons. (although now that I think about it, that'd work for any two collaborators...) He'd love to, but the only computers he has access to are laptops, and work ones at that. So he can't download games on them. You may know him, he went by TD. He'd take awhile to get used to the rules, too, since he played either Shifter or Base.

But i sure think the Elf is the deadliest and most overpowered weapon is trbes2 ...

I found out what you mean. I was playing on a map I particularly don't like (the one with the hydroplant generator and the sewer system) and caused at least six people to mortar themselves to death when their shields ran out. In most cases, though, it kinda needs two people to use it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:00:33 PM by Dr Horrible »

Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
14: July 20, 2010, 08:06:13 PM »
you need to help him get a system to play t2 on

doesnt take much of a sys at all to play t2, the game was written for the gf3 card more or less, its a dx6 game with some dx8 pixel shaders and bump maps tacked on

so if you have more cpu puwer than say a 1GHz p3, and at least a gf2 or better you are good to go

when t2 came out you were lucky to have a p3 450 or k6-2 400  cpu and a nvid tnt card to play on and the game developers knew most folks had that class of harware or worse, like original pentiums and voodoo2s so they made the game playable on a wide variety of hardware

ahh the days of 98, p3s, and tnt2s
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:08:25 PM by Blakhart »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything