TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  Place for Noobs (me :D ) to complain about overpowered stuff. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of these items do you think is the cheapest/noobiest/stupidest and why?
Chaingun - 5 (23.8%)
Grenade Launcher - 10 (47.6%)
Shocklance - 0 (0%)
Shield pack (especially with the plasmas no longer bypassing shields...) - 0 (0%)
Blaster - 0 (0%)
ELF gun - 3 (14.3%)
Mine-disc - 3 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Place for Noobs (me :D ) to complain about overpowered stuff.
Grizzam
Nugget

View Profile
30: December 07, 2010, 02:14:48 AM »
Almost any weapon, in the right hands (hell even packs too) can be quite OP if you end up on the recieving end.

Even the vanilla spinfusor. In the right hands, a good D will MA most or nearly all incoming rapists or cappers.

Shit even the missile launcher has a range it can be used at, lock on, and fired before or just as the target throws a flare. FYI if you are close to the missile launcher, sailing through the air, and you try to throw a flare... do not throw it in front of you. If you are dueling a heavy and you hear the missile lock beep but he doesn't fire a missile, you might as well throw a flare (away from you) anyway because he will probably go for lock #2, and in that case you want to already have a flare out because those missiles go pretty fast and can deal some decent damage.

I am surprised though that the shrike didn't make the list. Some of you effers are pretty damn good at running people over with them. Tip: if you are trying to snipe jugs in the shrike, you are doing it wrong. Very wrong.
Useless
Nugget

View Profile
31: March 14, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
Every weapon is OP when used against me and UP when I use it.
Turkeh
nil

View Profile
32: March 15, 2011, 04:52:00 AM »
That's because Goon Haven has implemented a leveling system.
The more you play and the more kills you get, the more powerful your weapons become.
So if you play long enough, you'll eventually get a one-shot-kill blaster!
 Roll Eyes

Read the FAQs!

Search before posting support requests.
xionc
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
33: March 20, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
Ok, ill complain about SP:
Imagine 2 players dueling, both have SP, and do not have GL = out of ammo and they can't get kill or even do damage on opponent.
Nikolai
Nugget

View Profile
34: May 29, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
I've never had a problem with any of these weapons save the mine-disk. I remember the old days dueling on T1 when mine-disking wasn't nearly as effective because of the lack of a full-power throw button. Duels could last up to a minute between two lights. Now most duels seem to be over before they begin, because whoever has a jump can do a quick mine-disc and instantly kill the target. Conversely, there wasn't a single instant kill weapon in the game save the mortar before minedisking started propagating.

If there's one change Tribes Vengeance put in that I want repeated in Ascend, it would be some sort of hinderance on mine-disk combos.
LusterSound
Nugget

View Profile
35: March 01, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »
Personaly I think the "cheapest" weapon in the game is the chaingun, but really, compaired to all the fps games out today, this game is still one of the most balanced. I don't really feel any one weapon is totaly overpowered, but if I had to chose one, it would be the chaingun. Its rate of fire, dmg, and accuracy make it very formidable.  ::)But like I said, this is actually one of the more balanced fps games today which is part of why I'm comming back to it. Personaly I think the only people who tend to complain in THIS game, must be noobs.  Tongue Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines