Can't create account, won't register keypresses

I tried to create an account, and generated a key (though it took an hour), but when I try to pick a username and password, it doesn't register anything I type. I click in the box and a cursor appears there, but nothing shows up when I type. What can I do?

Comments

• An hour to generate a key? That's got to be some sort of record.

What are your system specifications, and what key size did you generate?
  • Okay, not really hour, but I waited for about 20 minutes and nothing happened (why does it say 2 minutes?), so I went somewhere else and when I came home about an hour later it was done. Still way longer than I expected. Anyway, I have dual 450 MHz processors, and a GeForce2 MX video card with a key size of 512 (I forget the units).
  • It is a two minute process on my reference system, which is a two year old Intel Core 2 Duo at 2 Ghz. The lowest CPU specifications that we've seen other than your case was a 1 Ghz Athlon, which took about 10 minutes.

If the key was generated successfully, I don't know why you would lose the ability to perform keyboard input, but I can't really anticipate the potential issues running on a system that slow.

Is there a system with a faster CPU that you could borrow for account generation?
  • I think I can find one. Oh, and just for the record, the single player tutorials ran fine, so I think besides this hurdle the requirements listed in the readme are accurate.
  • You might run into slightly longer connections to servers than you would have otherwise, since your client must perform a modular exponentiation. Assuming your client can perform that operation in under 15 seconds, you should be able to play. It takes under 100 ms on my reference platform, so it shouldn't be more than a few seconds on your 450 Mhz monsters.