Tribes 2 is back and ready to play

2»

Comments

• You should add "DefenseTurret" so that the people can also play Arena..Cuz without DefenseTurret..You can't play Arena.
    That's also a heads up to the TribesNext DL package.
    Defense Turret is incompatible with the executable modifications made for the TribesNext patch, but for similar reasons, memory patching hacks like HM2 are incompatible as well (instant game crash).

Defense Turret... also... doesn't actually work. There is a bug in the implementation of dt_serv.cs that doesn't actually kick tainted clients, assuming they can initialize their hack. DT also contains two sets of hard coded "backdoor" challenge responses that always say the client is not cheating. If you know at least one of the sets of backdoor codes, you can write a script to emulate DT.

I've played on arena servers using my DT emulator script several times. Without fixing the DT server source code (nice and locked up in a DSO), you can't tell the difference between am emulated DT client using the backdoor codes and the real DT client.
  • Lol..I'm not a computer guy..So can you put that in simple terms..
    Simply Put..
    HOW could I play Arena if DT doesn't work?
  • I run the Arena server and I will disable DefenseTurret on the server when it gets switched to this new system. There's no telling how long that will take though, because Branzone might want to inspect this patch before installing it on our game server. Maybe not, though. We'll see.
  • kk PM or notify me in some other way when it gets switched please.
  • "between am emulated"

ERROR! :)