Cant port forward for anything!

I used to be able to port forward tribes 2...I used DD-WRT but not anymore...I got a new router - Netgear WNDR3800 (technically my dad did) and I now have to use netgear genie, i tried port forwarding 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.150 using port 28000 but no luck, I get -- Sent heartbeat to TN Master. (master.tribesnext.com:80)
- Your server could not be contacted.
- Check your IP/port configuration

and im trying to host a dedicated server,well i guess you could say i selected dedicated server in-game and launched it...but yeah,any help?

Comments

• Is your router connected to a modem which is connected to the internet?
    If so, you need to port forward the ports on your modem, since I'm guessing it has a firewall built in.

Also make sure that there are exceptions in any firewall that you have installed on the servers computer.
  • how do i port foward my 'modem'? and my antivirus and firewall are FULLY DISABLED
  • Look in the rooter for a dmz option and try that. If that works, know that the dmz option allows all traffic to pass unhindered to and from your designtaed server. Your server will need a firewall in the server to maintain security.
  • GAH THIS IS SO CONFUSING WHY CANT IT BE AS SIMPLE AS CHOOSING THE PORT YOU WANT TO FORWARD INSTEAD OF DISABLING A BUNCH OF FIREWALLS AND ADSF'ING INTO THE ROOTS WHICH I DUNNO WHAT THEY ARE!!1the old router was as simple as that -.- nevermind ill get my dad to do this...
  • GAH THIS IS SO CONFUSING WHY CANT IT BE AS SIMPLE AS CHOOSING THE PORT YOU WANT TO FORWARD INSTEAD OF DISABLING A BUNCH OF FIREWALLS AND ADSF'ING INTO THE ROOTS WHICH I DUNNO WHAT THEY ARE!!1the old router was as simple as that -.- nevermind ill get my dad to do this...
    Security.