TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Server Support >  Server Setup « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Server Setup
Threatcon
Nugget³

View Profile WWW
30: April 25, 2009, 04:04:57 AM »
Thanks Krash!

Hitman_T
Nugget

View Profile
31: August 10, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
I edited the ServerPrefs.cs
I started the Server using the BAT file from Classic which runs "start ispawn.exe 28000 Tribes2.exe -dedicated -mod Classic"
Now when I try to connect it tells me I need a Tribesnext client and to go to Tribesnext to get it. I installed this from the files I got at Tribesnext. I am not trying to start a server for public use, just a small LAN one for my sons to play each other on. What am I missing? I have searched (using windows search) for any references to Tribesnext in the .cs files. It came back empty. I am running Windows XP SP3.
It does show up in the server listings for LAN games.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:00:04 PM by Hitman_T »
teratos
Assault

View Profile
32: August 10, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »
On top of the T2 installation you got here, you need to download and run the TribesNext patch which is also available from the downloads page.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Hitman_T
Nugget

View Profile
33: August 10, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
Yeah I installed that patch. Without it we were unable to play online. That is the TribesNext_rc2a.exe right? Do I also need to run the TribesNext_rc1a.exe?
Turkeh
nil

View Profile
34: August 11, 2009, 06:00:29 AM »
That is the TribesNext_rc2a.exe right? Do I also need to run the TribesNext_rc1a.exe?
The RC2 patch is all you need (until RC3 comes out, of course!) Smiley

To run it as a LAN only server, use the "-nologin" flag in the server shortcut.

Also, windows search pretty much fails in regards to .cs files, unless you tweak settings (if I remember correctly), and the TribesNext files are packaged into the T2CSRI.vl2 file in your base folder.

Read the FAQs!

Search before posting support requests.
Hitman_T
Nugget

View Profile
35: August 11, 2009, 08:38:42 AM »
-nologin did it. Now it works fine except for the bots. I need to look on the forum for the line to have bots on. I have them set to medium for the kids. Just need to find the line to start them. I remember reading it somewhere here Smiley

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.
mandoleth
Nugget

View Profile
36: December 01, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »
Anyone need help setting up multiple mods with Tricon 2? I've got several working... Duel, Arena, Version 2 and Shifter.
retribution
Nugget

View Profile
37: December 08, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
Okay, I'm trying to get my old ACCM server up (Can't wait to explore the code of 1.4) but its not working as well as it should. It disapears off the list for some odd reason and the message thats weird on the consol is Heartbeat failed, check ipconfig or something like that, I just hosted again and got someone to join a min after it started and its running well for now, heartbeats arn't failing. Its weird though...

EDIT: Error is as follows:
-- Sent heartbeat to TN Master. <master.tribesnext.com:80
 - Your server could not be contacted.
 - Check your IP / port configureation.
(Even though its not an error >.>) I have done everything I can to get the ports working, my antivirus included. Idk whats wrong. I'm running Windows 7 ultimate with F-Secure.

EDITEDIT: Okay, so it seens to fix as long as I'm logged in any server on Tribes2...wtf
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:26:29 PM by retribution »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything