TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  LAN Training Help « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: LAN Training Help
DOL
December 09, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »
-How Do I Create And Modify Them Properly?-
I wish to create training missions like you see in the Tribes 2 LAN Mode, although I have a basic understanding of how it's set up, I was wondering if someone could help me  Tongue. The Only Files that I know of that help create that are Training1-4.cs and TrainingGUI.cs. Anyways I'm basically clue-less about this.
Eolk
Global Moderator

View Profile
1: December 13, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »
Jimomighty created a few tutorials way, way back. Not sure where they went. They used to be in the archives at http://www.advancedmod.com/

If you can't find anything, I'll tell you what I know.
DOL
2: December 13, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »
Yeah.... I can't find it Tongue Anything you can give to me in the form of knowledge is helpful and very much appreciated.

On a related note, anyone have a bug-free base and classic mod? My is messed up (UE's everytime I try to place an object in editor). Its not very helpful when trying to create training maps...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:36:46 PM by DarknessOfLight »
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
3: December 15, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »
Yeah.... I can't find it Tongue Anything you can give to me in the form of knowledge is helpful and very much appreciated.

On a related note, anyone have a bug-free base and classic mod? My is messed up (UE's everytime I try to place an object in editor). Its not very helpful when trying to create training maps...

I made a training mission once with ACCM and a base filled with VL2's. Your UE is probably a syntax error in the MIS file.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:25:40 AM by Dark Dragon DX »

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
Krash
Administrator

View Profile
4: December 15, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
Actually, if you're crashing while placing interiors, you've probably got vertex lighting enabled.  Disable this in your options and you should be fine. 
The MIS file is only accessed on save/load.

Training missions are generally written basically as you did see in those that come with the game (there's also SinglePlayerGame.cs if you want to see more of the auxiliary functions).  If you're looking for more examples, you should be able to find the aforementioned missions and a few others on map sites like tribes2maps.com.

DOL
5: December 15, 2008, 02:25:19 PM »
Thanks Cheesy, Appreciate the help.
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
6: December 16, 2008, 07:10:01 AM »
You could look here too.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
DOL
7: December 21, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »
Another Problem For Me...
When I try to open up VL2 files by changing them to ZIP folders it always says that the ZIP folder is corrupted, I don't know how to fix it or what the problem with it is...
Greenstorm33
Nugget²

View Profile
8: December 21, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
If you keep having issues with opening VL2s, you could try Zipeg.  It'll let you view and extract stuff directly from VL2 files.

aka BanthaFodder
DOL
9: December 22, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »
Wow, this is awesome, much appreciated Greenstorm33!
DOL
10: January 03, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »
Off original topic, but when making a map, how do yo get a screen shot? Is it something supported by Tribes or do I need to download a program to do it?
Eolk
Global Moderator

View Profile
11: January 03, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
Press "print screen" on your keyboard. If your screenshots are corrupted, press print screen then paste to MS Paint (or a similar image editing program).
DOL
12: January 03, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »
Thanks Eolk, but I haven't gotten to the point where I have them, I was wondering if Tribes supported taking them, or if I need a different program for that...
DOL
13: January 03, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »
How Do You Create A Spawn Graph For A Map?
DOL
14: January 03, 2009, 03:08:38 PM »
Every time that I try to build a spawn graph in the AI editor it just closes Tribes, help would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines