Cannot do anything Online

I used to play Tribes 2 before Tribes Next was needed. Now I found my game in all my things and decided to play but I have some problems. I installed the game, installed the update and after the Tribes Next patch. I forgot my old account, so I decided to make another but they said the server was offline/unreachable.

Here is all I did
1) Installed Tribes 2.
2) Installed the TribesNext multiplayer patch.
3) Attempted to create an account in game but were given an offline/unreachable status on the account server.
4) Attempted to log in with a testing account.
5) Tryied all these options: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.0

I do not think my Anti-Virus is the cause of the problem (I am using Microsoft Security Essentials) and I also tried to allow all ports on my modem/router's firewall and my computer's firewall. I am using My Windows 7 PC at home.

I hope somebody could help me to create an account and play the game.

Comments

• Thyth.. help the dude out. It's out of my league.
  • edited June 2013
    I used to play Tribes 2 before Tribes Next was needed. Now I found my game in all my things and decided to play but I have some problems. I installed the game, installed the update and after the Tribes Next patch. I forgot my old account, so I decided to make another but they said the server was offline/unreachable.

Here is all I did
    1) Installed Tribes 2.
    2) Installed the TribesNext multiplayer patch.
    3) Attempted to create an account in game but were given an offline/unreachable status on the account server.
    4) Attempted to log in with a testing account.
    5) Tryied all these options: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=464.0

I do not think my Anti-Virus is the cause of the problem (I am using Microsoft Security Essentials) and I also tried to allow all ports on my modem/router's firewall and my computer's firewall. I am using My Windows 7 PC at home.

I hope somebody could help me to create an account and play the game.
    Gonna beat around the tree...

1. What version of Tribes 2 are your running before you apply the Tribes Next patch. Confirm that it is 25034. If not:
    I give you the gift of god's linky. This is not a patch. At this point if there are issues, forget the CD or whatever file you've downloaded and start heading towards this.

2. On a rare chance this is the issue, check to see if your Tribes Next patch is [glow=green,2,300]RC2a[/glow]. It cannot be anything else.

3.If you have any old mods in the Tribes directory, remove all of them to see if they are outdated or are conflicting.
  • Ahem...Sorry but it seems that it works today... I don't know why but I decided to try today it worked very well, maybe I should have tryied to rebbot my computer... thanks anyway for trying to help me.
  • Ahem...Sorry but it seems that it works today... I don't know why but I decided to try today it worked very well, maybe I should have tryied to rebbot my computer... thanks anyway for trying to help me.
    Correct me if I'm wrong about the macro, but.
    V-V-A
  • It was likely that the auth server was down temporarily. If I'm not mistaken, Krash or Thyth would know.
  • There was a train of huge storms that hit my city and caused massive power grid damage and prolonged power outages (6 hours and 18 hours) over the last two days. I have the server on backup power, but not anything that lasts that long. Then again, my ISP lost power on their local nodes after a few hours anyway, so I don't know how much good it would have done.

For future reference, if the account server is down, I'll likely be absent from the TribesNext IRC channel listed at the bottom of the page. Normally power outages aren't this catastrophic, but I'll be more proactive about alerting people in the event something like this happens again.
  • Thank you Thyth. :)