admin mod

Hey
im wondering what admin mods are being used.
Im looking for something that will allow an admin to login, in game, and kick/ban whom ever
it would be great if it had some sort of punishment system..
also i would want it to have a map rotation system, or a map vote system at the end of a round.
(post links please)
thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Depends on what mod you're hosting...
    * Evolution admin mod for base and classic. It supports pickup mode (I think) and a map rotation. It also has rapid firing fixes along with other useful tools. I prefer this one.
    * ATF Admin Mod for a lot of mods. This isn't a popular admin mod, but, it works on a lot of mods (so it says) and is minimal.
    * TriCon2 - Tricon 2 is probably the most popular admin mod. I suggest you don't use this one, as I don't think it has a map rotation and has a few security holes. However, it's not all bad. It has quite a few toys and has a user-friendly Telnet interface.
    Total CONtrol - This is not an admin mod, however, if you don't want to use TriCon2's telnet console, but, still want a user-friendly telnet console, then, you can use this.
  • Eolk, mind showing where tricon is hacked?
  • edited January 2009
    Eolk, mind showing where tricon is hacked?
    In the encryption system, it checks for admin for the admin menu items, however, it only checks for public admin stuff. This means that public admins can access TriCon admin stuff, which, may not be that big of a flaw, but, a flaw nonetheless.

Also, I (along with many of my buddies) cannot get TriCon2 to kick someone. It's code is just absolutely too messy and hacky to find out what's wrong.
  • That seems pretty minor... if you trust your admins that's not a reason to stop using tricon2 IMO
  • Still, though, the kicking problem? Can't really moderate your server without kicking people...
  • True enough. I didn't see the kicking thing when I first read it.

I'll mess around with tricon and see what I can do.
  • Anyone have a working download link for evolution mod?
  • Thanks, but now that I've got it installed and configured. The server won't run. :(

Can't see the console, just see the process in task manager frying my CPU
  • My first guess is it's broken by some maladjusted server/evo setting. Evo wouldn't display mortar and missile projectiles with the server updated to community patch/5404, so it may not run as expected if you do get it up. If you ask nicely, the folks who run the ewo server may give you a copy of their evo update, but they don't run next far as I know, and I have no clue what update their server is up to, so it may still not work.

All of that barring a simple misconfiguration of evo or server files. Have you gone over all settings? Have you gotten a server to run without evo first?
  • Yup if I don't have it run with the -serverprefs evo_prefs.cs flag it runs as normal. But as soon as I load that sucker, Nada.

I'm going through the settings one by one and trying some changes. I tried with default settings and I have the same problem. Anyone remember how to turn on logging? hehe.
    My first guess is it's broken by some maladjusted server/evo setting. Evo wouldn't display mortar and missile projectiles with the server updated to community patch/5404, so it may not run as expected if you do get it up. If you ask nicely, the folks who run the ewo server may give you a copy of their evo update, but they don't run next far as I know, and I have no clue what update their server is up to, so it may still not work.

All of that barring a simple misconfiguration of evo or server files. Have you gone over all settings? Have you gotten a server to run without evo first?
  • hey, are you going in and deleting all dso files between changes? That can help.
  • hey, are you going in and deleting all dso files between changes? That can help.

Yup, got that in my bat file
  • Yup if I don't have it run with the -serverprefs evo_prefs.cs flag it runs as normal. But as soon as I load that sucker, Nada.

I'm going through the settings one by one and trying some changes. I tried with default settings and I have the same problem. Anyone remember how to turn on logging? hehe.
    My first guess is it's broken by some maladjusted server/evo setting. Evo wouldn't display mortar and missile projectiles with the server updated to community patch/5404, so it may not run as expected if you do get it up. If you ask nicely, the folks who run the ewo server may give you a copy of their evo update, but they don't run next far as I know, and I have no clue what update their server is up to, so it may still not work.

setLogMode(1);

• Except that only logs stuff in the console. And the console is what's hanging.
  • What mod are you running it with?
  • none, just Evo that's it.
  • Are you running it on base, classic? You can't really run Evo standalone...
  • Sorry I consider no mods as base. So I'm running base.
  • I've never had any problems with Tricon2 not kicking people.
    It sounds like you just didn't install it correctly.

The copy on my site (posted earlier) is Qing's last released version. If you aren't using it, you should.
  • I've never had any problems with Tricon2 not kicking people.
    It sounds like you just didn't install it correctly.

The copy on my site (posted earlier) is Qing's last released version. If you aren't using it, you should.
    Your version is 301.* or around that, which isn't Qing's latest version. Your version contains the encryption exploit, which essentially gives anybody who knows how to exploit tricon admin abilities. The only good thing is that it can kick correctly...
  • Who is hosting the patched tricon update?
  • So I'm trying to get the Evolution Mod to run... and I'm having a strange problem...

My server starts just fine, but then I noticed that I couldn't superadmin myself. I go back and look at the evo_prefs.cs... and its contents have been DEFAULTED to the standard serverprefs.cs style config. Some of the settings are retained in there, but none of the Evo specific. And by defaulted, I mean the entire format of the document... it looks like the standard serverprefs. Before I start my server, it's the clean, commented, Evo style.

Anyone know what might be going on?
  • Is the folder set to read only?
  • No. If it were my evo_prefs.cs wouldn't be overwritten when the server started. ;)
  • Are you deleting any dso files before you make changes? Particularly of serverprefs and evoprefs?
  • Yep. Those are all cleared out.
  • Before I waste more time can anyone confirm that the Evolution Admin mod ACTUALLY fully works with TribesNext? The behavior I'm seeing with the script completely being overwritten seems to hint that it is not compatible.
  • Kryand thank you for being such a wonderful help. I'll let you know what happens.
  • Your version is 301.* or around that, which isn't Qing's latest version. Your version contains the encryption exploit, which essentially gives anybody who knows how to exploit tricon admin abilities. The only good thing is that it can kick correctly...
    Really?

I pulled it from his site.
    Do you know where he keeps his updated version? If not, I'll just (try) to contact him...not sure if his information is still the same.