TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  General Discussion >  Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back!
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
15: May 25, 2014, 05:53:36 AM »
http://tribes2stats.com/browser/

Please help me hunt down any remaining bugs.

will do, creating a dummy account for testing and will login to Tribes now and get a few stats on it, just to make sure it is active...then login to begin debugging, though I have chores to tend to now, will do soon as get them all done, as hard to think about anything else, as I had so many thoughts of this, this last moon, that it kept me awake at night and even last night got up around 2, just to see if could get my mind wrapped around it and figure it out any to help.

F9
Nugget

View Profile
16: May 25, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »
in order to get a tag you can't have a brand new account it will not be in the community database there for use the one you currently have... because thyth stated somewhere that any accounts after the tournaments in which you could get tags for your teams are the accounts that are not going to be in the community system/db
Phantom139
Scout

View Profile WWW
17: May 25, 2014, 07:58:58 AM »
I'm sure the cutting edge research on variable length prefix codes for strings in your game engine, and the Saints Row 3 Co-op on Xbox Live do take up quite a bit of your time, Phantom. It's definitely hard to find open time when you're doing things of such monumental importance. Make sure to stay focused on getting your engine done. Indie developers are in desperate need of competitors to the mediocre tyranny of Unity3D and Unreal Engine 4. Once they see how awesome your product is, I bet the orders will come flooding in.

Thanks for the good chuckle.

Sarcasm aside there, I do keep my focus on the engine and my posts (Where you're drawing from) are merely there as a reference towards my developments and progress on it. I'm not saying that by any means I'm going to "dethrone" anyone with it, but building my own engine is a challenge I decided to take on to better my programming skills.

What I choose to do with my spare time (Playing a game XBL is giving away for free with my friends), is mine to do with as I please.

There's plenty of talent in this community, and I don't think I should interfere with the great work they're already doing. Best of luck on getting everything working, I really hope you guys get this feature implemented.

http://tribes2stats.com/browser/

Please help me hunt down any remaining bugs.

I'll poke through it later today to see if I can find anything.

Bio:
Founder/Creator Phantom Games Development.
Tribes 2 Modder, T3D Owner and Developer
Site:
www.phantomdev.net
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
18: May 25, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »
in order to get a tag you can't have a brand new account it will not be in the community database there for use the one you currently have... because thyth stated somewhere that any accounts after the tournaments in which you could get tags for your teams are the accounts that are not going to be in the community system/db

hrmm, that explains why cannot authenticate login with test account, as I just pm'd thyth about the database connection and what are the creditenials, to do so, as I have webpage that had tried to implement the browser last month and was just no sure on the details to enter for server and database.

Will try and login with my normal account user at T's site later on today.

If anyone can drop the connect information, for the database, please do in the meantime, as I did not see that portion and since logged out of IRC and conversation response from thyth did not reach.

teratos
Assault

View Profile
19: May 25, 2014, 12:33:40 PM »
Once I finish off my code I will release it. If you are just doing the same thing it may be to your advantage to wait it out.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
F9
Nugget

View Profile
20: May 25, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »
thing is that it is not that you can't contact the db it is just that fact you are not in the database... thyth added all of the players that are in the database currently during the last competition therefor that means players that have joined from the first release of TN to that point in time are in the community database... all others are too new and therefor are not put in yet... it feels like as if they are pushed over automatically at a given point or given number of accounts created... then again i can be entirely wrong on the account push to the community db... but everything else about the new accounts is correct
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
21: May 25, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »
Once I finish off my code I will release it. If you are just doing the same thing it may be to your advantage to wait it out.

thanks, I was just trying to set up the browser page and login and make it work, and make a gui for it, really like to see it back in the game end, as well, just so we have it functioning there as well, as I am not sure how one checks invites, unless they go to a browser page external, as I sent an invite out and be nice, if player account is tied to an email account, or someone way to notify players, when they log in to tribes to play, a pop up with invite to click on to accept or decline.

I would love to get the code and set a page as well, as really was just the database connection access, that did not see the details on connecting, as I made a test database and set up some tables and all, though not able to retrieve player/server data

thanks again,

teratos
Assault

View Profile
22: May 25, 2014, 07:45:53 PM »
I probably won't do any ingame support.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
GeEkOfWiReS1097
Nugget²

View Profile
23: May 26, 2014, 08:40:01 AM »
I probably won't do any ingame support.
The whole web-based Tribes Clan Management system is cool. However, I don't think that many of the players (that I know and have gotten a feel for) would rather just have a completely in-game based client to work off of. Unless I've missed something in this entire thread, there will be difficulty in motivating the amount of people you want to use this to really utilize it.

It's pretty much a good idea vs. putting it into execution kind of thing. On paper, it's nice; running it yields no players willing to sign up at the site and/or honestly care for what it has to offer. The fact that there was enough care to put out something even remotely close to this is cool, but let's be honest:

Tribes 2 is narrowed down to an extremely isolated group of competitive players all located on Snap Crackle Pub. When Snap Crackle Pub goes down for a failed hard drive, I try to put a server up on technology 12 Years NEWER. That one word is every reason why people don't bother with Tribes: New. I still love Tribes. I look back on the fun that I had when I was younger when I watched my father play it and the first time I skied down a hill on Katabatic. Others did too, but they packed their stuff up and moved on to what modern day has to offer, or just have gotten too busy to bother checking.

For people who never knew this game, I've tried to get them to come join us. I got a few on for a while, but eventually lost time due to more important things that life requires of us every now and then. I think that the worst that I had though was my best friend who I asked to try it out, which he did, but quit almost immediately because he knew that it was something that I had wanted HIM to do and not something he wanted ME to do - a person can be very weird about things.

My advice for anyone out there with any programming or computer science under their belt: find as many tutorials out there and work towards a client of your own and try to push it on people because it's more likely to be used than a website would. Even better would be to make it capable to work alongside the website using its database and hook in the player's name and GUID, make a server script that interprets when a client connects that if it has signed up on the site and belongs to a clan, add the tag to the client's name.

I could work towards a Windows .net application using the web server's information, but I'm starting to run into a busier schedule of my own (yes, the dreaded thing that has stopped Thyth, Liukcairo, and Phantom139).

If your problem can't be solved, you haven't dug deep enough.
Avoid re-posting a question that has been answered and we can prevent forum clutter:
Search with me.
teratos
Assault

View Profile
24: May 26, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »
This isn't some separate sign-up website. It uses your T2 account and unless someone updates the T2 in-game client it's your only point and click option. Anyway, it has seen enough interest to justify the few hours it took to put it up.

I'm not sure what a .net app would offer? Better security?

I think unless you are working on the in-game client you're wasting time.

- sgtvindetta
Phantom139
Scout

View Profile WWW
25: May 26, 2014, 10:57:38 AM »
This isn't some separate sign-up website. It uses your T2 account and unless someone updates the T2 in-game client it's your only point and click option. Anyway, it has seen enough interest to justify the few hours it took to put it up.

I'm not sure what a .net app would offer? Better security?

I think unless you are working on the in-game client you're wasting time.

I do believe Thyth mentioned putting his current code for the in-game browser in a GIT Repository at some point so the community could finish up the work. I'd just wait for that and then work with what's already there.

Bio:
Founder/Creator Phantom Games Development.
Tribes 2 Modder, T3D Owner and Developer
Site:
www.phantomdev.net
F9
Nugget

View Profile
26: May 26, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »
not enless darkDragonDX finishes it before then
rJay
Scout

View Profile
27: May 26, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
Well, I created a clan and everything, and I have that .vl2 file I'm supposed to have, but it doesn't work. I've deleted .dsos, I've done all that... now it won't let me log in with my credentials when I try on tribes2stats.com. Suggestions?

Romans 1:16
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
28: May 26, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »
Well, I created a clan and everything, and I have that .vl2 file I'm supposed to have, but it doesn't work. I've deleted .dsos, I've done all that... now it won't let me log in with my credentials when I try on tribes2stats.com. Suggestions?

no  clue  rjay on that one...

({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
29: May 26, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »
tag is working on this end again, not sure why it stopped showing up this weekend..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines