TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  General Discussion >  Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back!
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:59:40 AM »
Greetings Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing alright! 

What brings me here today is the completion of the ability to give us Clan Tags and other features, IRC, TMAIL, etc. with main one being of course, the creation and managing of the Clans.

Thyth has requested some help to complete this task and says it can take anywhere from 2 days to who knows when to complete.

What we need is more directed to Thyth, as I am not fully understanding where the project is at and the coding required to complete.

From my understanding, we need some GUI Browser Coding and JSON related help.

If anyone is qualified, capable and competent enough to help complete this project and tasks.

Please contact Thyth via IRC # Last Gasp and/or post here.

rJay
Scout

View Profile
1: April 20, 2014, 04:30:46 AM »
Greetings Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing alright! 

What brings me here today is the completion of the ability to give us Clan Tags and other features, IRC, TMAIL, etc. with main one being of course, the creation and managing of the Clans.

Thyth has requested some help to complete this task and says it can take anywhere from 2 days to who knows when to complete.

What we need is more directed to Thyth, as I am not fully understanding where the project is at and the coding required to complete.

From my understanding, we need some GUI Browser Coding and JSON related help.

If anyone is qualified, capable and competent enough to help complete this project and tasks.

Please contact Thyth via IRC # Last Gasp and/or post here.

Too busy. Hope someone else can.

Romans 1:16
Phantom139
Scout

View Profile WWW
2: April 25, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
While I'd love to help, I have way too many commitments and projects of my own to work on at the moment, and the low playerbase count doesn't really help either.

I hope you find someone to help out with this long requested feature.

Bio:
Founder/Creator Phantom Games Development.
Tribes 2 Modder, T3D Owner and Developer
Site:
www.phantomdev.net
MagicMeep
Nugget

View Profile
3: May 02, 2014, 04:13:19 PM »
Although I can't really contribute here, due to my strong lack of knowledge on actually how to do anything here, I'd like to encourage somebody to help. If I knew how, I would. This game was a huge part of my child hood, and I don't think I'm ready to give it up yet. (Though I understand that this doesn't mark the end, but it would sure help the player base.)
rJay
Scout

View Profile
4: May 03, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
Although I can't really contribute here, due to my strong lack of knowledge on actually how to do anything here, I'd like to encourage somebody to help. If I knew how, I would. This game was a huge part of my child hood, and I don't think I'm ready to give it up yet. (Though I understand that this doesn't mark the end, but it would sure help the player base.)
Yes, I work and am finishing up high school. I'm too busy with personal projects like the upkeep of a 9/11 Archive website. I would highly encourage someone to complete this.

Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
5: May 21, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »
It appears there is no one really left with the skill set to help with this.

Could Thyth maybe launch a kickstarter or would that create licensing issues?

I reckon a return of tmail and in game clan management would certainly boost player numbers because the user base is currently very fragmented, especially with the closing of the TWL forums.
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
6: May 21, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »
The level of capable and driven people willing to participate in these kinds of projects within the Tribes community is remarkable.

Or at least remarkably consistent -- at nearly zero. I won't harp on expectations or gratitude, but how about a bit of perspective?

Computers are the most powerful tools created by humanity, and humanity is distinct from (and ascended over) all other known species in our capacity for creating and sharing tools that we use to shape the world as we see fit. If you're willing, but not able to participate in a project of fairly simple data manipulation, you really aught to ask yourself if what you've chosen to learn thus far in your life will help you be successful in the kind of information driven society we have today. Programming is the new literacy, after all.

Want clans? Have at it: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=3341.0

I'm not going further for T2 until I see that progress is a real priority for someone else in the community.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Ragora
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
7: May 22, 2014, 05:58:16 AM »
I'd try my best at it, however, I haven't been motivated due to the lack of players in-game. This is probably a catch-22 situation where there are no players because nobody is putting forth any effort to maintain the game or that I'm simply disillusioned somewhat. I've been on and off experimenting with hacking the game in various ways (T2Bullet, T2irrKlang, 120 bots, a simple HTTP server in Torque, a partially functional but hacky implementation of TN for the native Linux binary, a slight expanding of Linker's "T2API", OpenGL experimention, a method to run my own C++ code ingame with TN running at the same time) but have never really committed myself to something that would actually benefit the community as a whole. Perhaps I'm just a bit self centered to not want to try and do something about it as some of those in that list could have possibly gone somewhere if I actually kept with them.

It is also a case of me being unsure that I am actually up to par for such a thing. I'm just now graduating high school and so I am possibly just not entirely confident about my abilities and thusly am having trouble committing for fear of merely failing. I was DarkDragonDX ingame and we have spoken a few times, and I always felt as though I was in way over my head with those conversations but I've been slowly gaining more understanding as I continually work in the area of writing software. Essentially, even though you state it is simple data manipulation, I feel as though what you find simple isn't quite the same material that I find simple in that if I actually commit I will be in over my head.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:31:20 AM by Liukcairo »

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Supposedly Einstein
rJay
Scout

View Profile
8: May 22, 2014, 01:12:26 PM »
I'd try my best at it, however, I haven't been motivated due to the lack of players in-game. This is probably a catch-22 situation where there are no players because nobody is putting forth any effort to maintain the game or that I'm simply disillusioned somewhat. I've been on and off experimenting with hacking the game in various ways (T2Bullet, T2irrKlang, 120 bots, a simple HTTP server in Torque, a partially functional but hacky implementation of TN for the native Linux binary, a slight expanding of Linker's "T2API", OpenGL experimention, a method to run my own C++ code ingame with TN running at the same time) but have never really committed myself to something that would actually benefit the community as a whole. Perhaps I'm just a bit self centered to not want to try and do something about it as some of those in that list could have possibly gone somewhere if I actually kept with them.

It is also a case of me being unsure that I am actually up to par for such a thing. I'm just now graduating high school and so I am possibly just not entirely confident about my abilities and thusly am having trouble committing for fear of merely failing. I was DarkDragonDX ingame and we have spoken a few times, and I always felt as though I was in way over my head with those conversations but I've been slowly gaining more understanding as I continually work in the area of writing software. Essentially, even though you state it is simple data manipulation, I feel as though what you find simple isn't quite the same material that I find simple in that if I actually commit I will be in over my head.
Oh. Hi Dragon. I didn't know this was you. Smiley

Phantom139
Scout

View Profile WWW
9: May 24, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »
I haven't been motivated due to the lack of players in-game. This is probably a catch-22 situation where there are no players because nobody is putting forth any effort to maintain the game or that I'm simply disillusioned somewhat.

My exact reasoning as well. While I'd love to help out, the fact of the manner is, I just don't see the amount of people there in game to even put forth the time to work on it. Open time is another big reason, as it's just something I don't have much of.

Bio:
Founder/Creator Phantom Games Development.
Tribes 2 Modder, T3D Owner and Developer
Site:
www.phantomdev.net
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
10: May 24, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »
I haven't been motivated due to the lack of players in-game. This is probably a catch-22 situation where there are no players because nobody is putting forth any effort to maintain the game or that I'm simply disillusioned somewhat.

My exact reasoning as well. While I'd love to help out, the fact of the manner is, I just don't see the amount of people there in game to even put forth the time to work on it. Open time is another big reason, as it's just something I don't have much of.

I will pledge  $100 to and for anyone who is able to make this thing happen

F9
Nugget

View Profile
11: May 24, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
well there are quite a few that are working on trying to get the t2 browser and email in full or at least almost full effect... at this point in time there is a few things left to fix up and try to get working...
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
12: May 24, 2014, 05:36:49 PM »
I'm sure the cutting edge research on variable length prefix codes for strings in your game engine, and the Saints Row 3 Co-op on Xbox Live do take up quite a bit of your time, Phantom. It's definitely hard to find open time when you're doing things of such monumental importance. Make sure to stay focused on getting your engine done. Indie developers are in desperate need of competitors to the mediocre tyranny of Unity3D and Unreal Engine 4. Once they see how awesome your product is, I bet the orders will come flooding in.

For everyone else that's gotten in touch and has started building on top of the API, I'm happy to see renewed interest. I'll be fixing the issues already reported to me and providing documentation for the details not yet described in my posts so far. It's a minor push to get from here to the completed TribesNext project.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
13: May 24, 2014, 06:11:18 PM »
if there is a meet up place of those working on it, like forum and IRC that stores conversations and preserves for those absent from the conversation, that will insure, so can insure we are working in the right direction and tackle it by tasking it correctly and all in the loop.

Thyth thanks again and I will try to learn what I can, just thinking, we need this before 2020 and my learning curve, and all other things consider, so someone with more skill is what we need to get the job done, asap.

Either way, if anyone needs me to help with anything, I will be glad to do so, with what limited knowledge in the field i have.

teratos
Assault

View Profile
14: May 25, 2014, 04:45:08 AM »
http://tribes2stats.com/browser/

Please help me hunt down any remaining bugs.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything