TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Menu Screen is Unreadable and Messed Up « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Menu Screen is Unreadable and Messed Up
MintyFishbowl
Nugget

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »
I've installed Tribes 2 and the TribesNext patch. However, when I launch the game, the main menu is flickery and very glitchy. When I move the mouse, text and other materials on the menu constantly disappear and reappear.

Is there a compatibility mode I have to use? I'm playing on Windows 7.
({STAR})earthinhabitant
Seņor Nugget

View Profile WWW
1: July 15, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
presume it is runnin opengl mode, try changing the resolution to another size and see if that helps.

check and make sure your video card drivers are updated

Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
2: July 15, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
Try disabling antialiasing in the vid card driver control panel if it's enabled.
MintyFishbowl
Nugget

View Profile
3: July 15, 2014, 08:53:51 PM »
I'm using integrated graphics with up to date drivers, and the chipset I'm using (Intel HD 4000) doesn't have a setting for antialiasing.

Changing the resolution and the compatibility mode didn't help. However, I tried to record my screen using Fraps to provide a better image of the issues. When I open Fraps, the flickering and glitches that come from the mouse movement just stop, and the menu is clear. Is it a framerate issue?
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
4: July 15, 2014, 09:46:23 PM »
This can usually be resolved by running in a window instead of full screen.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
5: July 16, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
There's no control panel setting for antialiasing?
DEATHBORN
Nugget

View Profile
6: June 29, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »
This can usually be resolved by running in a window instead of full screen.

not for me.

have to use my mouse as a magnifying glass of sorts.
it would also appear that since my hiatus ive been forgotten by the master server as well.

EDIT: okay wow... sorry, i had no idea the image would explode the layout like that >_>
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:02:12 PM by DEATHBORN »
rJay
Scout

View Profile
7: July 01, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »
Try disabling antialiasing in the vid card driver control panel if it's enabled.
This is why I have it disabled. So get off my back.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Romans 1:16
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
8: July 06, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
What graphics processor is your computer running, and do you have the latest drivers?

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines