TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Notice of server downtime: 2015-08-16 to ~2015-09-04 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Notice of server downtime: 2015-08-16 to ~2015-09-04
SlappyPirate
Nugget

View Profile
15: September 10, 2015, 06:25:35 AM »
Of course I choose to pick up tribesnext during server downtime. Wishing you good luck and haste in fixing the servers so I can make an account.
Tribes 2 is my childhood...   Cry
rJay
Scout

View Profile
16: September 10, 2015, 03:36:36 PM »
Hang in there Tribers! Thyth, we believe in you!!!!

Romans 1:16
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
17: September 11, 2015, 09:49:51 PM »
One of the two hardware issues I was seeing has been resolved. Still running a few tests on the second issue (doesn't seem operationally relevant, but making sure). The very last hardware bits are arriving tomorrow.

I'll be installing the hypervisor and administration OS this weekend, and finishing a set of security related modifications to the system. With luck, I'll be able to bring up account services (but not yet browser services) by Monday. The new box is going to be running from my comparatively slow home DSL for another week or two before I install it in the data center, and there will be other short ups and downs after Monday while I get things sorted out.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
18: September 12, 2015, 10:29:11 AM »
One of the two hardware issues I was seeing has been resolved. Still running a few tests on the second issue (doesn't seem operationally relevant, but making sure). The very last hardware bits are arriving tomorrow.

I'll be installing the hypervisor and administration OS this weekend, and finishing a set of security related modifications to the system. With luck, I'll be able to bring up account services (but not yet browser services) by Monday. The new box is going to be running from my comparatively slow home DSL for another week or two before I install it in the data center, and there will be other short ups and downs after Monday while I get things sorted out.

Thank you.
SlappyPirate
Nugget

View Profile
19: September 19, 2015, 07:01:49 AM »
Any news on this? I've been trying to authenticate every day this week and just wanted to know if I should keep trying.
mistcane
Nugget

View Profile
20: September 19, 2015, 09:33:07 AM »
I need to make a very important clan. PLS THYTH

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
21: September 19, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »
Aiming for account and browser systems online on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
22: September 20, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »
Cool.
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
23: September 20, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »
This weekend I've completed the installation of the secured hypervisor and administration domain OS. Still aiming for Tuesday or Wednesday account service reactivation.

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
24: September 22, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »
I've finally been able to start the process of restoring the (7000 GiB) backup image of my old server onto the new machine. Unfortunately, the backup disk itself seems to be the limiting process (25 MiB per second) and the estimated time of completion is 80 hours (= 3 days, 8 hours) -- finishing sometime early Saturday morning.

I may be able to bring TribesNext services online with about 10% of the backup restored. I'll give that a try tomorrow evening.

SlappyPirate
Nugget

View Profile
25: September 23, 2015, 06:06:12 AM »
Wow that's a lot of data. I'm just looking to start a new account since I haven't played in so long-- no idea what my old login or email was. Will we be able to create a new account before everything is copied over?
rJay
Scout

View Profile
26: September 23, 2015, 11:13:15 AM »
Wow that's a lot of data. I'm just looking to start a new account since I haven't played in so long-- no idea what my old login or email was. Will we be able to create a new account before everything is copied over?
He just said possibly.
I may be able to bring TribesNext services online with about 10% of the backup restored. I'll give that a try tomorrow evening.
Yeah. You don't need your email. Just a login and password. Smiley

Romans 1:16
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
27: September 23, 2015, 08:44:40 PM »
I'm not going to boot the VM yet. During the restoration process, throughput to the target device is just too slow.

Fortunately, the process has been going more quickly than my initial measurement. The process should be complete somewhere between the next 23.5 and 40 hours (not exactly sure how quickly the empty space in the image will be crossed).

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
28: September 24, 2015, 10:55:54 PM »
The backup restoration process is nearly complete. I'll be setting up the virtual machine configuration to use this image and trying to get full TribesNext services back online tomorrow night.

Jack Booted Thug
Nugget³

View Profile
29: September 25, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »
Awesome stuff.

I miss Tribes 2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything