Notice of server downtime: 2015-08-16 to ~2015-09-04

2»

Comments

• Hitting some routed networking bugs in Xen when running HVM mode. Still working on it.
  • Finally online.

Account server is back up for account creation and retrieval -- though it may be a little slow/flaky. Clan tags and browser systems should be reachable within the next 2 hours as DNS propagates to the new host address.
  • Awesome, finally able to reach the authentication server.

Unfortunately I'm getting the "The Authentication Server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it" problem, which is weird because I know for a fact that I'm the only person at this address trying to make a tribes account. Maybe I should wait seven days and see what happens.

Just wondering if anybody else is having this problem in the next few days.
  • My brother in law and I are both getting the "choose not to" error. Neither of us has played Tribes 2 since around the time T:V came out. We are at different addresses and so on different IPs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Oops. This looks like an issue with the way I configured network forwarding to the new server.

Working on it.
  • I've signed a new authentication pointer file and sent it to Krash for loading at the location where Tribes 2 looks for it.

For now, it's only possible to retrieve previously created accounts. Once that file is in place, this issue should be resolved automatically.

I'll post once the new pointer is uploaded.
  • Authentication pointer has been updated. Account creation should now be working... for real, this time.
  • I'm currently making some more network changes to improve stability of the services. Downtime should be considerably smaller once a set of DNS records propagate over the next few hours.
  • I'm currently making some more network changes to improve stability of the services. Downtime should be considerably smaller once a set of DNS records propagate over the next few hours.

sweet
This discussion has been closed.