Crash upon opening the server browser

edited July 2015 in Support
Hello,
Before I go into detail as to when the problem occurs, I'd like to say that I made no adjustments to the game (purposely) that would've caused this. Yesterday it was working fine, and I haven't changed anything since yesterday.

Every time I attempt to open the server browser in game, I get an unhandled exception.
The server list loads for a few moments, and before it finishes, the game crashes.
Here's an image of the UE:
QCVHSoJ.jpg

Attempted fixes:
I've tried the old simple solution of "turning it off and on again"
I've reinstalled the game three times
After reinstalling so many times, I deleted that installer due to the posibility of it being corrupted, and downloaded a new one. Same UE occurred.
Scripts I use:
SSInterpolate
Hudmover
MortFOV
DXTracer (ECM)
Map packs

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My brother is having the same problem. He has all the same scripts as me, except for Hudmover.
For now, he told me to use this command and we could just directly connect to the SCP.

JoinGame( "208.100.45.135:28000" );

You can find IPs here, if anybody is having a similar problem http://www.tribesnext.com/#servers

Comments

• Hi,

I'm sorry for any problems that the new bot count patch caused. There was an accidental bug which caused T2 clients to crash when the bot count went over 127 bots. It has something to do with the player/bot count being a signed char or something. It wasn't crashing before because I manually set the bot count and player count to zero, but when the mission ended the counter got reset. I'm going to try working on a memPatch to fix this problem, and hopefully it will be included in the next version of TribesNext. Right now the server has less bots so everything should be working again. Again, sorry for any trouble that this may have caused. If this happens again, and I'm not the one causing it, you should be able to see which server caused it by looking at a screenshot. In this case it was the Meltdown 3 Alpha server, because it was the one that was being queried last before the crash. I'll also post a temporary memPatch here when it is ready to bypass the player count function. Hopefully the next version of TribesNext will support over 127 bots/players.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi,

I'm sorry for any problems that the new bot count patch caused. There was an accidental bug which caused T2 clients to crash when the bot count went over 127 bots. It has something to do with the player/bot count being a signed char or something. It wasn't crashing before because I manually set the bot count and player count to zero, but when the mission ended the counter got reset. I'm going to try working on a memPatch to fix this problem, and hopefully it will be included in the next version of TribesNext. Right now the server has less bots so everything should be working again. Again, sorry for any trouble that this may have caused. If this happens again, and I'm not the one causing it, you should be able to see which server caused it by looking at a screenshot. In this case it was the Meltdown 3 Alpha server, because it was the one that was being queried last before the crash. I'll also post a temporary memPatch here when it is ready to bypass the player count function. Hopefully the next version of TribesNext will support over 127 bots/players.

Thank you for your quick response!
  • Pasting
    memPatch("5C88B5","90909090");

into the console will work as a temporary fix if this happens again, but may have some side effects. The side effects include gibberish at the bottom of the Server Info window, because the string won't be terminated properly.
  • Yeah I knew it was the MD3 server when I saw the screenshot. Glad that's getting fixed.