TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Windows 10 + T2, anyone? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Windows 10 + T2, anyone?
Virus
Nugget

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 08:03:54 PM »
Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10? Are there any issues with the game/patch/servers/clients with the new version?

rJay
Scout

View Profile
1: August 04, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »
Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10? Are there any issues with the game/patch/servers/clients with the new version?
There are no reported compatibility issues that I know of. I  believe a few in-game use Windows 10 and I think a few servers are now run on Windows 10 Server Edition.

Romans 1:16
Virus
Nugget

View Profile WWW
2: August 05, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
I appreciate the reply. I feel more confident with the upgrade now.

robertom2002
Seņor Nugget

View Profile
3: August 05, 2015, 10:58:27 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/windows-10-spies-on-emails-images-credit-cards-more/

rJay
Scout

View Profile
4: August 06, 2015, 08:08:10 AM »
Disregard all those conspiracy theories. LOL! Windows 10 has no more permissions than Windows 8. This is why I read Snopes.

Romans 1:16
GeEkOfWiReS1097
Nugget²

View Profile
5: August 06, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
I'm on Windows 10 at the moment, and there aren't issues with it in comparison to when I had Windows 8.1/8/7. The closest thing I had to an issue was the Evolve client and that was fixed by entering the device manager and changing the MAC address to 0 when I needed it.

I had no problem with my clean installation on this PC, nor did I have issues upgrading two other computers. All three are running solidly.

Quote from: robertom2002
Isn't this something related to data collected during the Technical/Consumer Preview that was blown out of proportion? The only thing that I last checked was enabled on my computer was location collection.

There are no reported compatibility issues that I know of. I  believe a few in-game use Windows 10 and I think a few servers are now run on Windows 10 Server Edition.
I've talked to someone here in the past month in Tribes that also had the preview, but I cannot seem to remember who specifically it was.

Windows Server 2016 (Windows 10's Server counterpart) is still in TP2 if I recall. You can download it to test with but I wouldn't use it in an actual production/full-time hosting environment until it's released.

If your problem can't be solved, you haven't dug deep enough.
Avoid re-posting a question that has been answered and we can prevent forum clutter:
Search with me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything