How many players do play Tribes 2?

edited December -0001 in General Discussion
­

Comments

• There's anywhere between 2 to 5 people playing on modded servers with bots every day, mostly Triumph, sometimes BIOMod or Meltdown. So the mod population here is spread. And there's anywhere between 6 to 18 people per day playing on the server Snap Crackle Pub. In the weekends, there can be 20+ people playing. It's not a lot, but for such an old game from this series, it's a enough to have fun, and I'm really happy to see this kind of dedication from the community. You just gotta join at the right time, which is at night, if you're american, or else you won't find anyone playing.
  • I have 3 friends with whom I play Tribes
  • What are the names of your three friends who play tribes?
  • Woohoo! So RL got to me back in the day, and I stopped playing T2 not long after Lakrabbit was invented. Out of curiousity, I checked last night to see if I can find the game and was planning on blasting some bots on a solo/lan game for lack of real people to blast on real servers...but then I found you guys and see how awesome it is that there's some people who love this game and keep it alive!

Wanted to come here and thanks those responsible for making it playable and hosting servers...will cya in game hopefully :)
  • Woohoo! So RL got to me back in the day, and I stopped playing T2 not long after Lakrabbit was invented. Out of curiousity, I checked last night to see if I can find the game and was planning on blasting some bots on a solo/lan game for lack of real people to blast on real servers...but then I found you guys and see how awesome it is that there's some people who love this game and keep it alive!

Wanted to come here and thanks those responsible for making it playable and hosting servers...will cya in game hopefully :)

We have a server and usually play lak in the evenings then ctf, you can join our Discord to keep track of when we play.
  • "We have a server and usually play lak in the evenings then ctf, you can join our Discord to keep track of when we play."

I clicked the discord link and got a white screen with nothing on it...maybe cause I refuse cookies and javascript? But I would like to find the community...care to point me in the right direction, please?
  • "We have a server and usually play lak in the evenings then ctf, you can join our Discord to keep track of when we play."

I clicked the discord link and got a white screen with nothing on it...maybe cause I refuse cookies and javascript? But I would like to find the community...care to point me in the right direction, please?

Discord is a communications app. You could theoretically download the app, click the +, and then copy/pasta the invite, then join that way if you dont want to go thru your browser.
    https://discordapp.com/
  • https://discord.gg/XZkCF4M

this is the tribalwar.com discord, it is way better than choco tacos, as he tends to abuse people and the brandzone servers, have some issues with administration and are not typically a friendly environment and players are banned from playing on them, for no justification.
  • Bahaha :) I'll check 'em out and determine friendliness levels, lol. I appreciate it, guys.
  • Bahaha :) I'll check 'em out and determine friendliness levels, lol. I appreciate it, guys.

Thanks for the interest!
    Yeah, actually don't listen to earth.. he's kinda an outcast and was banned for good purpose.. but what can I say? After 16 years we still have idiot crazies here. lol. Good playin with you.
  • Honestly, Chocotaco's server is probably the better fit. Tribalwar is just a generic community that has a bunch of different focuses such as Starsiege, Tribes 2, EVE, Tribes Ascend.

The Tribes 2 Discord actually focuses on Tribes 2 (and simply features a Midair section for people interested). The Discord also features a bot written by our own BattleLore, which can be used to check if people are in.

I hate to say it, you can probably listen to anyone in the community except earth.
  • For the few random souls who play the Meltdown servers - thank you! The server's chat is linked up to the Radiant Alpha discord so feel free to drop in and say hey sometime.
  • hi keen thanks for invite, what is the discord channel? Also, how did you get the chat linked up, as that sounds very cool.

saw you in there yesterday and since Ravin and mistcane banned me, looks like you and i may be seeing more of each other.

:)
  • edited March 2020
    Yes, in fact there is a Discord bot to track in-game statuses of several servers. It's also the fastest way to organize PUBs and even PUGs on an occasion.

Is Tribes 2 Discord channel active? I've not bothered with Discord yet but I'll get it if I'm missing out.
  • Yes, in fact there is a Discord bot to track in-game statuses of several servers. It's also the fastest way to organize PUBs and even PUGs on an occasion.
  • I wondered how often the host servers are rebooted.
    Does anyone else think pings have jumped up over the last months?
    Like the Triumph server for example, used to be low on the ping list.
    Maybe it is just me.

Anyway, I have had fun the last months playing T2 again after over a decade!

XD_Andy
  • edited January 2018
    I wonder how much if any impact will be seen in t2 servers due the recently exposed cpu hacks, I assume most servers are colos and under virtualisation rather than home hosted and literal. In testing, game systems seem to be little hit in some games after patching, other games see a larger drop in performance. Nothing earth shaking however, as in less than 10 percent performance loss due the patching.
  • edited April 2018
    Add one, I'm playing Tribes 2. Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. For my background, I'm a Web Designer at Petstreetmall which is an online store that sells pet supplies. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.
  • I don't remember seeing you in-game, deewelch. Is this your first time playing t2? If so, awesome and welcome aboard, how do you enjoy it so far? Or have you played in the past?
  • I have 3 friends with whom I play Tribes
    yeah annmcdonald you are right me too play tribes with my three friends...........
  • Hey all,

I played T2 in the past and loved it, was one of my favorite games as a kid.

Anyways, with Tribes Ascend being a dissapointment after Hi-Rez ruined it and then Midair tanking I am going to get this going and will be trying to host some games on my end as well.

Anyone is able to join once I get it going.
  • Same here, man. Same here.