CBA to look :P

hey guys,
im new to tribesnext, busy downloading it (but not new to tribes though)
and just a quick question, how do the servers work, where are they located(cuz im in south africa) and more importantly, can u initiate a peer to peer connection? i ask purely because i cant play any games without having insane latency problems :( and i love tribes :DD

thnx

Comments

• You can host a t2 server on just about any machine, as long as it is a 500MHz cpu or faster, and at least 50 megs free ram when the system is up. How many players you can host is up to your upload rate.

Quick and dirty way to get a server up:
    (this applies to M$ operating systems in particular)
    Copy game to the system your server is to operate from.
    Install tribesnext patch on your server copy.
    Create ispawn shortcut pointing to the ispawn exe in your game folder.
    Change your shortcut string to resemble this:
    C:\dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\ispawn.exe 28000 Tribes2.exe -dedicated -nonpure
    with the drive and folder path as it is in your system.
    Start server and let it get running, then shut down server and delete all dso files you find.
    Go into your prefs folder and alter serverprefs.cs with notepad or some other app.
    Set server name, player total, etc to your liking, save, serve, enjoy..

If you just want to host and play on the same machine, all that is done from ingame.
  • Every server is run by an individual or group - if you decide to host your own, it uses your own connection on your own machine. Players connect to this, and not to some server we have buried away halfway across the world.