TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Support >  Account creation is available again (1:15 PM PST, Jan 4th) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Account creation is available again (1:15 PM PST, Jan 4th)
Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
15: January 03, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
I think I've managed to trace the last remaining issue when performing authentication with servers. It seems to be caused by a limit in the game's networking protocol for transferring blocks of data over 255 characters in size. Certain keys generate (or are prone to generating) challenge exchanges that are larger than this size.

I know how to fix it, however, fixing this will require some moderate changes to the client and server protocol handlers, and will require redownloading the script for all users. I'll make the necessary changes tomorrow, do some final testing, and get the updated scripts to Krash so he can produce a new installer and vl2 file.

I'm going to keep account creation offline until that time.

For those of you who were running into issues where you were able to download your account, but not log in... recent versions of the patch (i.e. early evening) should have resolved those issues. They worked for the two users that reported problems to me via IRC.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
charlie
Nugget

View Profile
16: January 04, 2009, 08:02:36 AM »
Hey Thyth, when you have the new script/patch made up will we have to physically remove the remnants of the old patch or will everything be auto updated?

I know there was a thread showing a few items to remove physically ( when removing the patch) but I'm not sure if other things were added that will also need removal.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Kryand
Assault

View Profile
17: January 04, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure all the files will still be there, so the new ones will just overwrite the old ones and you'll be good to go.

Thyth
Apotheosis Incarnate

View Profile
18: January 04, 2009, 01:22:14 PM »
All of my testing accounts are working properly now. They exhibited the entire range of issues that were reported to me.

I've sent patched files to Krash, and as of 1:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, these fixes are available in the version on the download page. Both servers AND clients must run this latest version, as I had to make a change in one of the network communication steps.

I've brought authentication back online. Let me know if there are any more problems.

Locking this thread.

Sarcastic, narcissistic, genius, resurrecting the game with brilliant strokes of wizardry.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything