Anybody testing out Windows 7?

Since Microsoft is letting people beta test this I threw it on my laptop. Oddly enough T2 hasnt errored out on me once. Hell it runs in window mode!

Comments

• Hell it runs in window mode!

that surprises me, seeing as how T2 gives me a devastating error every time I even alt-tab. Then again I am running Vista.... : \
  • That's interesting, as Tribes2 explodes rather spectacularly at startup, on Windows 7, for me...
  • Works great for me. I can even alt-tab in/out of the game.
  • Then again I am running Vista.... : \

Think I figured out your issue. ;)
  • I've got Windows 7 running on an old box upstairs (1.5GB RAM, P4 1.xxGHZ, GeForce FX 5200) quite nicely, but it's not hooked up to the network, so no Tribes yet.
    I've also had it running in VMs, but it's a little too slow to work with in those, and the VM doesn't grant access to the graphics card, so Tribes probably wouldn't work in VM anyway.

As soon as I get around to connecting the old box to the interwebs, I'll see how well Tribes goes :)
  • edited January 2009
    Punkbuster doesn't work on it.
  • Somewhere in the Something Awful thread people were discussing issues to the possible cause of the Windows 7 crashes. If I run across it I'll post it here.

I'll probably start dual-booting to Win7 on my work laptop, but I won't be gaming off of it.
  • My guess is it all comes down to video drivers making or breaking.
  • Punkbuster doesn't work on it.

I don't think it works on 64-bit Vista either, which is why I can't play FarCry 2 online. /anger