*Really* stupid question - Maps

Server side and the servers run Tricon 2, where the hell do you set the map rotation?

I remember it being a .cs file or something that had to be edited but can't remember what. You could set the rotation order or comment them out in this file... I'm getting old and CRS is kicking in ::)

I though maybe our old server was jazzed so I set up a new one and it has the exact issue.

Comments

• OK, really pulling my hair out now.

Does the patched version we're now running just not run some older maps?

:'(
  • No. The patch does not affect maps in any way. Rotation, as handled by the game, is alphabetical by maptype. All it does in terms of skipping is based on the max and min players required to load a specific mission. You can modify these in serverprefs.cs after the server has been run and shut down at least once.

If you want a custom rotation, there are a few threads around the forums you might want to check, including this one: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.0
  • Thanks, I'll check it out.

I also stumbled on something in Tricon that may also be why they're not loading too. Will dig into both.

Thanks!
  • $Host::MissionList =

Does anyone have a serverPrefs.cs file with this line in it? If so, what is the format? Google is coming up blank on this, I should say "coming close" but not exactly.

Our server is running MouseMod which is Tricon based so I suspect that Tricon is the actual issue.

In earlier versions it (maps/missions) was loaded from a separate .cs file and then later it was merged into the serverPrefs.cs file. It appears as though it's getting trashed somehow.

The other thread seems to cover a couple other mods but not that use Tricon.