Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 Server Returns

Comments

• So much for civil...
  • The forum moderator/s have really been earning their pay on this thread :)
  • edited February 2009
    It's not a classic server, therefore it's part of Qing's conspiracy to kill tribes2 and it's his solemn duty as the only true fan of the one true tribes2 to be as mean as possible to counteract the "coddling" we get from playing base or anything other than classic and it's derivatives.

Read his webpage sometime, it's very enlightening when you get to the paranoid rantings at the end where he starts screaming about how Qing and anyone not playing classic is subhuman.

I've posted quotes of some of the interesting parts before, his behavior shouldn't surprise anyone by now tbh. What we should really find shocking is that he still somehow hasn't been banned yet despite almost every post he makes being just to flame or troll people.
  • Qing and anyone not playing classic is subhuman.

Qing is sub-human.

Also, Classic > *
  • OH EM GEE!

HAI BLIND!!

Anyway, pleasantries aside, I am glad that HV will be back. I will be looking forward to getting back into the swing of things on a server that was one of the most populated (and, near impossible to get into during it's prime) of servers.

Well, given that it will have it's grand re-opening in a few days, I better get to work on a map or 2.

Nothing like making a new map to celebrate the rebirth of a great T2 server!
  • Seriously... keep it civil.
  • Speaking as someone who was there when your pal or tribemate was banned from the server, I can say that the head admin at the time was himself removed because of heavy handedness when it came to banning people left and right.

Now things are different, the group of admins that will be running this server don't have broom handles up their asses.

I ask that you give us another look if you're itching to play tribes BASE as an alternative evvery now and then. If you can't stand the thought of doing that then leave the folks that want to play alone.

As one of the Super Admins that you'll be talking to if problems like this come up, I think I'm a pretty level-headed guy, so relax.

I'm here to tell you that we have a clean slate and want people to start over, we welcome you.
  • Speaking as someone who was there when your pal or tribemate was banned from the server, I can say that the head admin at the time was himself removed because of heavy handedness when it came to banning people left and right.

Now things are different, the group of admins that will be running this server don't have broom handles up their asses.

I ask that you give us another look if you're itching to play tribes BASE as an alternative evvery now and then. If you can't stand the thought of doing that then leave the folks that want to play alone.

As one of the Super Admins that you'll be talking to if problems like this come up, I think I'm a pretty level-headed guy, so relax.

I'm here to tell you that we have a clean slate and want people to start over, we welcome you.

QFT.

I've known TerraNova for a long time. We had our little headbuts in the past (Actually, it was me and Mister13 who had the biggest, god rest his soul), but, in the end, it all blew over, and we went on with our lives.

That's the kind of person TerraNova is. He is a "forgive, but never forget, because forgetting means we learn nothing" kind of person.

If ever there is a level-headed admin and person, TerraNova is that person.
  • Is there a mod where we can play with the good upgrades from classic, like being able to upgrade the turrets on the Jericho, without all the other crap?
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=565.msg5739#msg5739 date=1234293799]
    Is there a mod where we can play with the good upgrades from classic, like being able to upgrade the turrets on the Jericho, without all the other crap?
    [/quote]

you can upgrade the turrets on the jericho in other mods too you know :)
  • Try Rev Mod. You can put turrets on anything!
  • So opening day is still Friday right?
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=565.msg5993#msg5993 date=1234465887]
    So opening day is still Friday right?
    [/quote]
    Yes.! You've probably seen it in the server list. We've been double checking our maps and going over everything so that it works right. Wembly, our scripting guru has been going over a couple of things. We're good to go.
  • Yes friday is the night but the server is up right now and ALL are welcome to drop by no matter who you are and what mods you like :D
  • I see, then I surely hope my inferior base honed skills are up to par.
    ::)
  • edited February 2009
    Wow!!!, i used to be in |HV| along time ago. i signed up to these boards like 10 minutes ago used my old clan tag... not thinking HV would be around anymore... what a surprise to see it still is!!. I mean its been YEARS sicne i played. You can bet you'll see me on the server!

rofl " Remember, Its a series of tubes" thats awesome.. maybe no one else got it but... lol
  • rofl " Remember, Its a series of tubes" thats awesome.. maybe no one else got it but... lol

That makes me happy hearing this. I knew some people would get it and get a nice chuckle from that.
  • This will be awesome, see you in game tonight.
  • I just wanted to personally thank everyone who showed up to our HV server event. I had a great time and hope you all did as well.

From all of us at Houston Vehicles, we hope you come again everyday since we plan on staying permanently. :)

|HV|TerraNova
  • it was really cool seeing alot of old names from the past,hope we can keep it up and i can wean myself off my wow addiction and back to hv
    smellyfarts
  • crap. I missed it. You'll all be seing me in HV soon : )
  • Yeah, props to whoever all are responsible for putting this together, last night was a real blast!
  • Ima have to try and check this out tooo! Never ever been on that server got to see what it is like over there.
  • Last night was fun! :) Full server! Woot! Props all who made it happen! :)
  • Houston Vehicles elite presents.

Every Sunday Night on the |HV| Tribes 2 server will be Chaos Night.

The brainchild of |HV| member Sexy Aphrodite (her artwork gallery here ). Chaos night as she named it, will be dedicated to chaos as only Houston Vehicles elite can do it.

What kind of chaos are you talking about?

I think the best way to describe this is to look back at what we did on some previous “Chaos Nights.” Since Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 server has Tricon 2 effects at their disposal the admins could really go in many directions so there will be a lot of variety and a ton of fun fun fun.

* How about death match mode? Sure. Team Damage turned on. Ok!
    * How about Machinehead's Flag Arena with the huge concussion mortars, or even Shrike mod.
    * How about Death Warrants being issued? No problem!
    * Invisible “Wonder Woman” shrike given to random players.
    * Fireworks?
    * How about shocklance mod where you only have a shocklance. Mortar mod where you only have a mortar.
    * Havoc Wars!
    * Hunters. Yard Sale!

I could go on but I think you'll just have to experience |HV| Chaos Night for yourself. This only happens on Sunday nights at Houston Vehicles Tribes 2 server. “Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury”

Chaos Nights are only on Sunday nights and your regular CTF server will return Monday to Saturday. Bring a friend and enjoy Chaos.

Yours Truly,

Your |HV| admins

P.S If you need Tribes 2 and the NEXT patch.Get them from the Downloads section . They've done a lot of work on this patch so let's get playing!
  • This sounds exciting. I'm looking forward to it!
  • is there a reason that HV announcements sound like infomercials, complete with retarded crap like “Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury?” seriously?
  • is there a reason that HV announcements sound like infomercials, complete with retarded crap like “Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury?” seriously?

"Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury" has been Houston Vehicles's tag line since 2001. You may want to check out the way back machine RIGHT HERE . As you can see the website is archived and that line has been there since the beginning.

"Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury" has been Houston Vehicles's tag line since 2001. You may want to check out the way back machine RIGHT HERE . As you can see the website is archived and that line has been there since the beginning.
    it doesn't keep it from being lame and stupid
  • edited February 2009
    is there a reason that HV announcements sound like infomercials, complete with retarded crap like “Where Machines Of War Blaze Paths Of Bloody Fury?” seriously?

it doesn't keep it from being lame and stupid

Is it possible for these machines of war to blaze paths of lagfree blood fury? Because every time you hit, or kill someone in your server there's a full one second delay before you see your shot hit and their death animation.