Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 Server Returns

Comments

• Is it possible for these machines of war to blaze paths of lagfree blood fury? Because every time you hit, or kill someone in your server there's a full one second delay before you see your shot hit and their death animation.

Thanks for mentioning this. Wembly, our scripter, added improved vehicle explosions. Although these look really cool we think that they added some lag to vehicle explosions. Wembly said they were processed on the client and in no way affect "lag". Well this conversation went back and forth several times and in the end they were removed. We would rather go for stability , for everyone, than eye candy.
  • Is it possible for these machines of war to blaze paths of lagfree blood fury? Because every time you hit, or kill someone in your server there's a full one second delay before you see your shot hit and their death animation.

Thanks for mentioning this. Wembly, our scripter, added improved vehicle explosions. Although these look really cool we think that they added some lag to vehicle explosions. Wembly said they were processed on the client and in no way affect "lag". Well this conversation went back and forth several times and in the end they were removed. We would rather go for stability , for everyone, than eye candy.

No offense or anything, but I'm going to be candid here--Wembley is right. The only thing the server needs to know for a vehicle explosion is what file to use, it doesn't matter if it's custom or not, the only difference is what you'll visually see on the client's end. I'm willing to wager that the lag is still present on the server, and I'm not sure if it's because there were so many people on the server or not but it's something that definitely needs to get fixed. I even remember this type of odd lag when you guys had Houston Vehicles up before. Everyone in the server swore there was no lag, but that's because they got used to the death animation/shots they shoot at people (that hit) having a one second pause before they actually see it hit or the person actually does die.
  • So you hate base so much but you have been there before.Then you would spend your time joining are server to come in and bitch and complain.Get a life if you dont like base dont play it but stop trying to keep others from trying to enjoy it.Get a life and go troll some other forums please ::)
  • So you hate base so much but you have been there before.Then you would spend your time joining are server to come in and bitch and complain.Get a life if you dont like base dont play it but stop trying to keep others from trying to enjoy it.Get a life and go troll some other forums please ::)

Huh? When did I say I hated base? I love base. I've been playing base arena for seven years now.
  • All of blindkillas posts are full of rage... :/

I think you have AnarchyAo confused with someone else bro.
    That's why he drops the bombs on you. He has to get the rage out somehow.
  • edited February 2009
    All of blindkillas posts are full of rage... :/
    who are you? and you must not have read all of my posts but I have read all 4 of yours.
    So you hate base so much but you have been there before.Then you would spend your time joining are server to come in and bitch and complain.Get a life if you dont like base dont play it but stop trying to keep others from trying to enjoy it.Get a life and go troll some other forums please ::)

I think you have AnarchyAo confused with someone else bro.
    Yes I said I was sorry in the other post.Oh the interweb drama.

Its roid rage. Hackers on steroids.
  • [quote author=TheOracle[xXx] link=topic=565.msg6416#msg6416 date=1234794223]

Its roid rage. Hackers on steroids.
    [/quote]

steroids are good for you :)

No offense or anything, but I'm going to be candid here--Wembley is right. The only thing the server needs to know for a vehicle explosion is what file to use, it doesn't matter if it's custom or not, the only difference is what you'll visually see on the client's end. I'm willing to wager that the lag is still present on the server, and I'm not sure if it's because there were so many people on the server or not but it's something that definitely needs to get fixed. I even remember this type of odd lag when you guys had Houston Vehicles up before. Everyone in the server swore there was no lag, but that's because they got used to the death animation/shots they shoot at people (that hit) having a one second pause before they actually see it hit or the person actually does die.

What do you think it is? If it existed before and is back again... I'd wager it's the admin mod or some admin scripts that need to be "tweaked"!
  • Maybe its the evil of Base! Clearly classic servers have no such ailment
  • edited February 2009
    You guys need to get a grip. Anarchy is trying to help you out and you're all defensive/aggressive towards him.
  • Exactly what I was thinking, Teratos
  • Do just the animations lag or is there genuine lag between a kill shot hitting and a kill shot registering with the server?
  • it might have been due to the explosion script for the vehicles which has been removed,I had no lag issues along with many other but this was the first time the server was actually full so it was sort of a test run.We think we have fixed the problem test it out and let us know what you think.
  • Do just the animations lag or is there genuine lag between a kill shot hitting and a kill shot registering with the server?

I perceive it to being lag. It's not just lag for killing blows, either. If you mid-air disc someone, and they don't die from it, you still witness a delay between your disc leaving your spinfusor and the server showing you that you hit the enemy, and that it had an effect on their health.
  • it might have been due to the explosion script for the vehicles which has been removed,I had no lag issues along with many other but this was the first time the server was actually full so it was sort of a test run.We think we have fixed the problem test it out and let us know what you think.

Next time the server is full I'll join and give it a go. If the lag is still persisting, I'll fraps exactly what I'm talking about, as well as fraps me in another server (like Goon Haven) to show a side-by-side comparison.
  • You guys need to get a grip. Anarchy is trying to help you out and you're all defensive/aggressive towards him.
    you might need to get a grip yourself before posting read the above.I also said I was sorry to him so calm down take some midol or something.
    Is it possible for these machines of war to blaze paths of lagfree blood fury? Because every time you hit, or kill someone in your server there's a full one second delay before you see your shot hit and their death animation.

Did that answer your question?
    Exactly what I was thinking, Teratos
    please come up with some original thoughts or suggestions a mind is a terrible thing to waste thanks.

Next time the server is full I'll join and give it a go. If the lag is still persisting, I'll fraps exactly what I'm talking about, as well as fraps me in another server (like Goon Haven) to show a side-by-side comparison.
    Thanks that would be great we hope maybe we can get some more people to help us out in testing it thanks for the suggestion.
  • Watch the net meter and see if it shows anything interesting. You might also want to watch system resources.

That would help you decide if it is some sort of client-side lag (caused by your explosions) or a server issue (which is what it probably is based on what Anarchy said).

I know blindkilla will probably go into a rage over this post, but hopefully it is useful to the more level-headed and socially-normal posters/Houston Vehicles staff.
  • edited February 2009
    Watch the net meter and see if it shows anything interesting. You might also want to watch system resources.

That would help you decide if it is some sort of client-side lag (caused by your explosions) or a server issue (which is what it probably is based on what Anarchy said).

I know blindkilla will probably go into a rage over this post, but hopefully it is useful to the more level-headed and socially-normal posters/Houston Vehicles staff.
    lol my friend you seem to be the only one still in a rage as stated above if you read the posts we already removed the vehicle explosion script and I have talked with a friend of ares from England who was having problems with the script and he stated things where fine now.It maybe something else we will have to wait and see when the server fills up because I personally along with many others arent having a lag issue. thanks for suggestion you may want to take some of your own advice and stop being so defensive and aggressive yourself and take a deep breath and let it go.You seem to be in such a big hurry to be hostile with me you havent read some of the above posts actually discussing this issue
    I hopefully have made my peace with Anarchy you however wanna drag this on oh well to each his own thank you come again,
  • lol my friend you seem to be the only one still in a rage as stated above if you read the posts we already removed the vehicle explosion script and I have talked with a friend of ares from England who was having problems with the script and he stated things where fine now.It maybe something else we will have to wait and see when the server fills up because I personally along with many others arent having a lag issue. thanks for suggestion you may want to take some of your own advice and stop being so defensive and aggressive yourself and take a deep breath and let it go.You seem to be in such a big hurry to be hostile with me you havent read some of the above posts actually discussing this issue
    I hopefully have made my peace with Anarchy you however wanna drag this on oh well to each his own thank you come again,
    As predicted.
  • lol my friend you seem to be the only one still in a rage as stated above if you read the posts we already removed the vehicle explosion script and I have talked with a friend of ares from England who was having problems with the script and he stated things where fine now.It maybe something else we will have to wait and see when the server fills up because I personally along with many others arent having a lag issue. thanks for suggestion you may want to take some of your own advice and stop being so defensive and aggressive yourself and take a deep breath and let it go.You seem to be in such a big hurry to be hostile with me you havent read some of the above posts actually discussing this issue
    As predicted.
    wants to drag it on as predicted lol
  • I think we should all ignore blindkillas posts until he uses halfway decent punctuation.

Not like there is anything useful in them anyway, eh?
  • edited February 2009
    I find you can generally tell who to ignore off the bat by looking for a few signs in their screen name:

Any words like assassin, killer, thug, gangster, are classic warnings. Especially when they replace the -er with an -a. When two words like these are combined, "thuggangsta, killacriminal", or if they have some sort of adjective attached displaying how great they are, "ExtremeSniper, EliteGangsta, MastaSoldier", you should avoid them at all costs, especially when the words are misspelled in some "street" fashion.

Numbers or symbols exchanged for letters are also a great way to know to avoid someone. "J0hnnyK1||5" is a great example.

Also, if they feel the need to display the fact that they are a minority in some way, "AznSoulja, Afreakan", you should probably just pretend like they don't exist.

If they add those characters that look like a letter, but have a little tail on it somewhere, or is upside down or something... you know... the ones that you have no clue how to type.... Yeah, those guys are real bastards, especially in MMO's. If they ask to be partied, I just tell them that you can't figure out how to type their name.

Shifting back and forth between capital and lowercase letters constantly for no apparent reason is a great sign. If they don't understand basic concepts like capitalization, they're probably mentally unstable. "pRiVaTeRyAn" is an example.

Dragon Ball Z names? Just no.

Finally, anyone that includes extra "cool" characters in their name, especially the letter x, are also players you want to avoid. If they have these characters at both the beginning and the ends of their names, make them your prime target for death. "ZZZxXaZnUlTiMaTeSn|p3rElItEGogetaPicolunksXxZZZ" would be a dead give away.

All of the above rules can be ignored depending on how clever the player is being about classic annoying names. The same extremely exaggerated name above, could be accepted if the player appears relatively sane.

This is a public service announcement. Thank you for your time.

-WiiMote

Also, fuck people that include a signature at the end of every post, or always have huge walls of text that fills up your entire screen. We know who you are, your name is right there for us to read, and we don't care about your fucking gripes.
  • edited February 2009
    Really?
    Exactly what I was thinking, Teratos
    Hmmmm making fun my punctuation how original.I did not realize you were bringing anything useful to the conversation. I must have gotten confused with your extensive vocabulary.On second thought it must have been your large one to two sentence posts I bow to your conquering of the english language. lmao
  • I find you can generally tell who to ignore off the bat by looking for a few signs in their screen name:

Any words like assassin, killer, thug, gangster, are classic warnings. Especially when they replace the -er with an -a. When two words like these are combined, "thuggangsta, killacriminal", or if they have some sort of adjective attached displaying how great they are, "ExtremeSniper, EliteGangsta, MastaSoldier", you should avoid them at all costs, especially when the words are misspelled in some "street" fashion.

Numbers or symbols exchanged for letters are also a great way to know to avoid someone. "J0hnnyK1||5" is a great example.

Also, if they feel the need to display the fact that they are a minority in some way, "AznSoulja, Afreakan", you should probably just pretend like they don't exist.

If they add those characters that look like a letter, but have a little tail on it somewhere, or is upside down or something... you know... the ones that you have no clue how to type.... Yeah, those guys are real bastards, especially in MMO's. If they ask to be partied, I just tell them that you can't figure out how to type their name.

Shifting back and forth between capital and lowercase letters constantly for no apparent reason is a great sign. If they don't understand basic concepts like capitalization, they're probably mentally unstable. "pRiVaTeRyAn" is an example.

Dragon Ball Z names? Just no.

Finally, anyone that includes extra "cool" characters in their name, especially the letter x, are also players you want to avoid. If they have these characters at both the beginning and the ends of their names, make them your prime target for death. "ZZZxXaZnUlTiMaTeSn|p3rElItEGogetaPicolunksXxZZZ" would be a dead give away.

All of the above rules can be ignored depending on how clever the player is being about classic annoying names. The same extremely exaggerated name above, could be accepted if the player appears relatively sane.

This is a public service announcement. Thank you for your time.

-WiiMote

Also, fuck people that include a signature at the end of every post, or always have huge walls of text that fills up your entire screen. We know who you are, your name is right there for us to read, and we don't care about your fucking gripes.
    I dont know quite how to take that but its quite informative lol. but It does vring up another subject how did you come about getting your in game name.I was known by the name of Cpt.furrball for years while playing quake 2 and tribes 1,Due to some health issues of diabete "us" as willford brimley likes to call it
    my vision is pretty bad so earlier in my T2 days I was playing seige on the pond and chucked a long distance mortar at A friend of mine and he said "killed by a blind man." and I guess it stuck with me ever since.I know this is way off subject and maybe someone can start another post on this somewhere else.thats my story whats yours.

• I dont know quite how to take that but its quite informative lol. but It does vring up another subject how did you come about getting your in game name.I was known by the name of Cpt.furrball for years while playing quake 2 and tribes 1,Due to some health issues of diabete "us" as willford brimley likes to call it
    my vision is pretty bad so earlier in my T2 days I was playing seige on the pond and chucked a long distance mortar at A friend of mine and he said "killed by a blind man." and I guess it stuck with me ever since.I know this is way off subject and maybe someone can start another post on this somewhere else.thats my story whats yours.

Blindkilla, You ROX!!!

Everytime I've seen your name I think of this cool movie!

41465.jpg
  • Hows it going Solid_DUNNA?
    to destroy metal gear you'l need lots of C4.

my frequency is 14.142.