Houston Vehicles elite Tribes 2 Server Returns

Comments

• I dont know quite how to take that but its quite informative lol. but It does vring up another subject how did you come about getting your in game name.I was known by the name of Cpt.furrball for years while playing quake 2 and tribes 1,Due to some health issues of diabete "us" as willford brimley likes to call it
    my vision is pretty bad so earlier in my T2 days I was playing seige on the pond and chucked a long distance mortar at A friend of mine and he said "killed by a blind man." and I guess it stuck with me ever since.I know this is way off subject and maybe someone can start another post on this somewhere else.thats my story whats yours.

Blindkilla, You ROX!!!

Everytime I've seen your name I think of this cool movie!

41465.jpg

lmao is that the one with Rutger hauer Man I so loved that movie.
  • Yep, that's the movie. I wish hollywood made a sequel to it, that was a bad ass flick!
  • I dont know quite how to take that but its quite informative lol. but It does vring up another subject how did you come about getting your in game name.I was known by the name of Cpt.furrball for years while playing quake 2 and tribes 1,Due to some health issues of diabete "us" as willford brimley likes to call it
    my vision is pretty bad so earlier in my T2 days I was playing seige on the pond and chucked a long distance mortar at A friend of mine and he said "killed by a blind man." and I guess it stuck with me ever since.I know this is way off subject and maybe someone can start another post on this somewhere else.thats my story whats yours.

Originally was ElectricMindFunk from an email addy. I had trouble getting one, since everything was taken at the time (even ten years ago), so I took my old one at the time, MindShatter, and mixed it with my sister's, ElectricHiigh, then tossed a third word in for good measure. I used that for a while.

After that, I switched between SultanOfSwing and Mr.SelfDestruct. Both songs that I enjoyed quite a bit, and they made decent screen names.

Now, I use WiiMote, picked it up almost right after the term was coined. It's kinda silly, catchy, memorable. It also helps show my support for the Wii, despite the general dislike for it in certain communities.

If a name that I use is taken already (happens on occasion), I'll either use Torl or Dyre for RPG games, or I'll just use something from pop culture. Played as SpacemanSpiff for awhile on UT.
  • My wife and her girl friends were watching a movie called "Belly". I was trying to think of a cool warrior name when this guy in a movie yells out, "I'm the DUN DUNNA, original rude boy, I kill people for fun"! I knew I found my name!:)
  • Damn.. Houston... I guess Indiana Vehicles is completely defunct... Means I need to find a new Tribe.
  • I used to play on IV occasionally. =)
  • Trying to remember what tag I used to go by back then.. Daris or somethin like that.. Soon as I figure out how to size-up my hud for 1920x1080 res, so everything is viewable, I'll need to get back into practicing and join me a tribe.
  • I used to play on Indiana vehicles years ago, had some good times there well welcome back to tribes.
  • everyone crys about spammers and satchels what i cant understand is why anyone would like TD lets take goons for instance. Most of the time you team spamms mortars anyway and just ends up killing there enitre team and its farm and its HOF just to kill some scout dude near the base. My average death per map is 1 to 4 deaths and 3 out of 4 of those are teamkill from some noob with a mortar using it in his own base. Or better yet if your team is even more stupid they put up mortar turrets in a TD server and NUKE there entire team and all its deffences gotta love that one.

As far as im concerned there is no place for team damage when you are dealing with the collective brain power of a cock roach. You can waste your time arguing this or you can just ADAPT like any good player should. I see people that cap flags they come from the same direction every time in a shrike and never use any other stratagy or tactics then they complain about spamers when in fact it is the complainer that just does the same thing over and over and some good players sees that and adapts and kicks your ass. So the moral of the story is ADPAT dont do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER (bet you knew i was gona say over LOL my point exactly).
  • Such hostility...brings back to good ol' days.

And, honestly, Blindkilla's e-rage posts are NOTHING compared to what Pocky does on HV. Him (Pocky) and I got into a spat a few days ago, and there was e-rage spewing from his mouth left and right. Granted, I, too, had some e-rage coming out of me, but it wasn't enough to be compared to him.

So, case-in-point, Blindkilla is just a trainee of "E-Rage 101", where Pocky is the professor and local expert.

Anyway, back on topic.

Honestly, there are many servers out there that players can choose from. What impacts a player's server choice is, normally, one that is run well and where the admins show actual concern from the players on their server. With Tribes 2 getting back on it's feet, it really serves the admins no good to already start alienating people (HVAdmin's satchel explosion spam function on a new player doesn't serve to better the server. Yes, I am looking at you, Terracon, Blindkilla, etc.) who are just getting back in the game.

Taking HV and Goons as examples here (bear with me): Goons is probably getting a lot of it's traffic because it was up and running as one of the very first servers when TribesNext came out. HV came out...a month or so later. Goons running Classic and HV running Base might be factors, but we will put those aside for now.

Because of that one month delay in getting HV up and running, people didn't have much of an interest in it, save for opening day, where the server was nearly capped (I might have been capped out at one point, but you get the idea). Aside from that day, HV has pretty much been dead. Having 15/60 or 20/60 connections during PEAK times, to me, doesn't seem worth the investment in the server rental fees (I am guessing they rent a server, but TwistedColon may actually own it). In contrast, Goons is normally sitting at 50/64 or 55/64 during Peak times. Chaos Night on HV is a good idea, but it's creation hasn't really seen a lot of success (from what I have seen and heard).

To be blunt, unless the HV staff can find a way to get players interested (or, all of the old players come back, which is possible, but doubtful), it will probably die a horrible, horrible death.
  • um ensign I thought this thing between you and pocky was like four days ago? But nevermind that and about the satchel explosions yes I have done those in the past but only to my friends never to a new player.So yeah anyway thanks for your support.
  • I have a somewhat off-topic question that one of the last few posts made me wonder about... does anyone here actually give The Sniper any credibility at all?
  • I have a somewhat off-topic question that one of the last few posts made me wonder about... does anyone here actually give The Sniper any credibility at all?

I agree with him on the subject of -> Cheats decrease the quality of this game. Other than that, I really don't know him.
  • Personally I dont know him I remember playing with a few of his tribemates on the EWO server for awhile I never had a problem with any of them though.
  • um ensign I thought this thing between you and pocky was like four days ago? But nevermind that and about the satchel explosions yes I have done those in the past but only to my friends never to a new player.So yeah anyway thanks for your support.

That's why I said a few days ago. ::)

No.
  • I'm sure the OP would appreciate us staying on topic. This really doesn't have much to do with Houston Vehicles. Thanks.
  • The Sniper is the biggest fuking whinie bitch in the game. Holy Shit hes fuckin lame.

-moto
  • The Sniper is the biggest fuking whinie bitch in the game. Holy Shit hes fuckin lame.

-moto

I've never had any problems with The | Sniper. Sure, people get upset over things and all, but that isn't a reason to start jumping down their throat and slashing a sword around until you cut their head off.

Chillax, people. We are only on internet forums here.

And, /agree with Abstract.

[/derailing]
  • well it was unfortunate but this topic was derailed around page 1 or 2.All I havta say to this is keep on playing tribes no matter where its at.
  • soo...uh...
    whys it called houston vehicles?
  • oh btw I am the best tank gunner in tribes 2.
  • Ensign Munro: Goons had such a large crowd from the get-go simply because of it's namesake... the attention that TribesNext got from the Something Awful gaming community. Due to people joining the server, other new people to the game saw that as the most populated server and also joined. I have no idea what the mix is now as I've never kept the server private. It also doesn't hurt that it's on actual server hardware, just about always up (save for maintenance), and hosted on a 20mb up/down connection.

But yes, right place at the right time.

If the TN community keeps going HV will get more attention. As it is, we're fighting the typical war of attrition thanks to Tribes 2 just being so old. People will naturally want to play newer games. Luckily we have this many (new) players as is.
  • Houston Vehicles did a pretty good job of sucking all the players out of Goon Haven on their launch night. We still got around 30 players after their server filled up, though.
  • we are not trying to steal players from anyone.People had asked about a base server here that is the reason why we put it up.I myself enjoy a change of pace when it comes to playing tribes,I am glad that we have many servers that offer these different mods and game types simple as that.Unlike some people who like to stick with one thing but to each is own.What I dont get is some of the attitude of people who wish or hope that a server fails.To me any server failure is a loss for the whole tribes 2 community which is still trying to get back on its legs.I am just happy to see more than 2 or 3 servers up and running.I also wanna thank the people who spend there time and money keeping up there servers.
  • Eolk unleashed the e-rage, hyper-ventilating blindkilla post. Ironically, I think he was complementing HV.
  • It's easy to jump the gun when it comes to stuff like this, sometimes.
  • ahhhh, good ole base :P
  • Eolk unleashed the e-rage, hyper-ventilating blindkilla post. Ironically, I think he was complementing HV.
    actually elok had a fine post I was commenting on some of the other posts at the start of this thread.ones full of if you dont play the same mod or way you do you suck or your a newb, I have no problem with constructive suggestions.I guess if teratos says its e-rage I bow down to the master he should know I mean I did read the blow by blow details of the server incident last week.
  • Well if you read them, then you know I stopped someone from having a temper-tantrum. It's nice when there are admins that stop tantrums instead of have them.