I have to be doing something wrong-can't log in

I am getting the infamous "The Authentication Server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it".
The only problem is I can't figure out why this is happening. Here is what I have done so far.
1) Heard about T2Next (got really excited)
2) Found this site and read up on what to do
3) Loaded Tribes from my cd (found out it was too early of a version)
4) Uninstalled T2, downloaded new version and patch
5) Installed new version then patch
6) Ran T2-came up to new account-did the generate number thingy- created name and pw
7) Got the infamous message
8) Tried creating another account thinking I might of done the first one wrong

I don't know if I am just not supposed to be able to play my favorite game of all time or if I am just doing something stupidly wrong.
Maybe I just have to wait until Saturday (7 day wait) to try and create another account but I should be able to log onto my original account. When I do try to log in with my original account I get the "account not stored locally" message and there is no account retrieval to retrieve.

Turkeh has been trying to help me out using email and I do appreciate the help but I really wish I was satchelling instead of trying to figure out how to get in.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• do you share your internet connection with other people? Even just an unsecured wireless access point? This one is the most likely - and yeah, just wait a week.

What's your ISP? I think i remember hearing that Clearwire and a couple other satalite based ISP's use static shared IP adresses between customers. I'm not at all sure on this one, but i guess there's a chance this could be the source of your problem.

if by original account you mean the account you created when you purchased the game way back when, that's not going to work.

If by original account you mean you successfully managed to create an account without getting the "infamous message," then that account should work, and you might just be getting the login/pw wrong.
  • 1) do you share your internet connection with other people? Even just an unsecured wireless access point? This one is the most likely - and yeah, just wait a week.

2) What's your ISP? I think i remember hearing that Clearwire and a couple other satalite based ISP's use static shared IP adresses between customers. I'm not at all sure on this one, but i guess there's a chance this could be the source of your problem.

3) if by original account you mean the account you created when you purchased the game way back when, that's not going to work.

4) If by original account you mean you successfully managed to create an account without getting the "infamous message," then that account should work, and you might just be getting the login/pw wrong.
    1) I am in a single family dwelling. I have a wired network setup in my house. No wireless.
    2) My ISP is GCI which is an Alaskan company.
    3) Original-meaning the one I set up when I installed T2-Next
    4) This could be it but I got the infamous message on the original setup so I had to have the password and account name at least once.
  • I don't understand what is going on? I made an account on one of my comps, and want to create another on the same network, both have different internal IPs (both static). Is there anything I can do to NOT get this message?

Thanks,

Beerfoot
  • edited February 2009
    The "one week per IP" is for your external IP (as assigned by your ISP)...
    You'll have to wait a week (assuming your IP hasn't hit the max of 5 accounts).

And, attached a pic of account retrieval screen...
    • t2-login-retrieve.PNG
  • Well, I figured out how to do it.
    I installed T2-Next on my computer at work.
    Created my name (had to use my first name I ever used).
    Retrieved account at my home computer.
    Played and had a blast. (Although it is taking me time just to remember what the heck to do)
    Only had one UE.
    Thanks to all those who tried to help.
    Jeff
    Oh, I did have to play a little at work (don't tell my boss).