Retrieve account box thing not working

Anyone know how to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Comments

• When are you getting the error? It can be caused by a number of things, and the game can be a bit picky under certain circumstances.

If it's occurring right when you open the game, you may want to update any out-of-date drivers, and add $pref::skipintro = 1; to prefs/clientPrefs.cs.
  • Well I said in the above comment.
    I was going to step three of "Creating account" and when I clicked finish it freezes.
    I downloaded the GSI from here and patch, and I still have it.
  • Ok now a new problem.
    I fixed the UE, but now I have this "The server has a problem creating your account" shit w/e.

Anyway, is something wrong with the server?
  • Ok I fixed that as well.

Now about logging in. I did every step correctly, and then it says "Credential download failed w/e. Please check username or password."

I have the correct shit, just what is wrong >:(
  • Select your account from the drop down menu. If the drop down menu says "Retrieve Account", then you are attempting to download your login credentials, rather than logging in.
  • It doesn't allow me. THe box is blacked with the Words: Retrieve Account.

Is something wrong?
  • If the box is blacked out, the game didn't find any keys stored on your computer.

Are you sure your account was registered? If so, did you change anything afterwards, and are you running the correct executable?

If you go through the account creation process again and put in the same name you used originally, it should tell you that the name is in use after a moment if it's registered.
  • Well let me give you all the information I know.

I know the box is blacked out, I do not know what you mean by "didn't find any keys stored on your computer". Actually, after I registered on the site, I went to download the game and patch, worked fine. Then I made my account after step three, went back to the log in box, tried to put in my username and pass, (It was on recieve thing).

If you have any solutions, please contact me. Thank you, sir.
  • Also, my rubyintersect.dll had an "error opening file for writing" when I tried to patch again.
    Maybe that is causing it?
  • You'll get that error if the rubyintersect process was left running (happens when the game crashes unexpectedly - we're looking into that). Open up your task manager and close all instances of the process and it should patch properly.
  • The box where it says "Retrieve account" Is blacked out and I can't go to login account or w/e. Anyone have the solutions? Don't just tell me the problem, give me the solutions.
  • Without your cooperation and answers to all the ideas and questions I put forward in effort to help you come to a solution, I can't give you a definitive answer. We're only trying to help, and to explain why something happens is generally much more effective in determing the root of the problem.
    Keep in mind that we've only been running for a few days, so we don't exactly have a set list of form responses to every issue.

What I'd strongly recommend is to make absolutely sure you're running from the patched exe (it will be 4,419,584 bytes if you check the properties), and that you did in fact register an account from ingame.
    If the account does not exist on our server, you will not be able to use the retrieve option.
  • Well... my username ingame was Moran26 (I'm not telling my password)

So what, I have to register with you guys so I can actually play online?
  • You need to register using the "Create New Account" button ingame, if that's what you mean.

It looks to me like Moran24 is registered in the game, not Moran26. Are you sure you're not just logging in with the wrong username?
  • Moran24 was my first account, sorry about that. Lol typo.
    Yeah Moran24. But even if I got my account registered to you guys, why is the box not working? I mean... yeah...
  • What message do you get when you type in your account details and answer yes after clicking login?