"Unhandled exception"

I can get everything running when updating to tribes next patch, it says the account server is online and available and everything is gravey,then i generate a 512 key,that goes good. but then after entering account information and hitting "finish" i get a small dialogue box that reads "Unhandled exception: c0000095
At address: 00428ae

i then hit ok and it pops up yet again,i hit it once more then it crashes the account setup interface. Ok....now prior to this i was getting a Tribes2.exe - No entry point found
The procedure entry point ??_V@YAXPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll (but after hitting ok i was still able to boot tribes 2 perfectly offline)
are these two problems connected to one another? if not,if so. what are the resolutions to fixing these godforsaken errors? >:(

Comments

• edited January 2009
    A few of the people who have had similar problems have reported they were able to get the game functional again by using the patch on a fresh install. If you have the time, this might be a solution to try.

Also, the game must be up-to-date prior to running the multiplayer patch. If you installed from the original 2001 CD release, you need to either download the full installer off the downloads page or apply this patch: http://xfer1.the-construct.net/tribes2/patch/_tribes2_update_21570-24834_25034.exe
  • Can you tell us which operating system you are using? Additionally, do you happen to have any version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed?

It sounds like you might have a crazy version of the Microsoft Visual C Runtime.
  • edited January 2009
    Nope no visual studio installed,i have a copy of windows xp with service pack 2. it is my own nlited version of xp, but i made sure to keep the very crucial files in the installation. also it is home edition(2002). and thanks krash im gonna give the patch a whirl in a few moments here on a fresh install just as you said.

I just tried to run the update without reading the readme.DURRRHH!! it reads

Tribes 2
    Build 25034
    Readme File
    November 1, 2002
    so apparently no updated is needed, wich brings me back to the drawing board..... >:(

Alright i also just tried to update the visual runtime components, i tried versions 5,6 and 2008. still no availe. >:(
  • I keep getting unhandled exceptions whenever I try to connect to a server that doesn't think I'm trying to attack it. I'm running XP Professional with SP2 as well. I've tried reinstalling and repatching (using the website downloads) but that hasn't worked and I'm at a loss as to what I should do now.
  • edited March 2009
    I have the same problem as the prevous post.

I am running a single core AMD Athlon
    on a MSI KT6 Delta mother board
    with a ATI Radon 9600

this hardware is runing
    windows XP sp3
    OmagaDrivers ati_omega_xp2k_48442.exe
    Visual Studio 2005
    GNU minGW a set open source compilers

please help