TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  How to deal with rape train? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: How to deal with rape train?
Scholtz
Nugget²

View Profile
30: April 08, 2009, 03:03:22 AM »
That's a lot of text to tell someone you CAN"T STOP THE RAPE TRAIN.

If you meant me, then read it again... the "Rape train" can be stopped. But there is not just one way to do it. There is multiple different and the way depends from map, base structure, attackers style and amount of them and of course, your skills.

Tribes 2 started to die because it was too complex for avarage "Joe Shooter". It needs lots of knowledge to understand the endless options to play the game. It has almost unlimited options to defend and attack.

It is like paper-rock-scissors game but not just with three options but with hundred. 

teratos
Assault

View Profile
31: April 08, 2009, 06:19:04 AM »
the "Rape train" can be stopped.

Blatant lie. I'm reporting you to the moderators.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Rigorr
Nugget

View Profile
32: April 10, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »
That's a lot of text to tell someone you CAN"T STOP THE RAPE TRAIN.
qfe
psycore
Nugget

View Profile
33: April 16, 2009, 01:47:56 PM »
I can stop a HO train.

First, keeping your base up is a game of information. The more information you have, the higher the chance you can utilize that information to keep your base from going down. This information can come from a few places.

1) Your team. They tell you where the enemy threats are.
2) The sensor net. Use your command screen. Its amazingly valuable. I can't stress this enough.
3) Angles. Don't move into locations you are unsure of. Utilize your look options and see things around corners. This is very important. HO Shield vs HD Shield dueling is a game of quick draw. Often times the one that gets off first is the victor.

Major weapons are -> Mine disks, Chaingun, Grenade launcher spam, Long range mortar, Body blocks
Minor weapons are -> Plasma rifle spam, Missile Launcher, Shocklance, Conc nades.

Don't try to be creative unless you are really good at the basics. The best HD will be able to beat your offense down and expand the defense as well. On my team I've been known to play many roles while still being labeled "the HD", even offensive ones. HD is a cerebral position and there is lots of room for creativity and it can be used to showcase versatility.

Basic techniques include:
1)   Using the shield pack correctly. Donít leave it on. Pulse it to avoid incoming damage at the last moment.
2)   Picking the right positions. Understanding which areas are most safe is the most important part a lot of the time.
3)   Its complicated. To seriously play HD you need to think about so much that even the above average player doesnít think about in competitive matches. You need to understand how best to protect your objective. Sometimes that includes letting the objective go down, in order to destroy the enemy. Itís a game of risk calculation. Its risky to leave and repair a turret, but you might get a huge reward off of it. Its risky to drop down to the lower floor, but you might get the duel over with faster and be able to repair quickly before the other HO comes in. So you need to decide and gamble on it.
4)   Itís a race. Doing things vs Time is what is going to bring your team an advantage. If your HD can clear out their HO faster, you will rape their base. It affects all positions. Complicated HD strategies exist that are focused on bating an enemy to waste their time. These are most valuable in competition.
5)   Pack juggle. Itís the most important thing above all else.
6)   Start to be creative. You have no idea what a sandbox this position is. Develop a strategy which end point includes a major impact on the entire game. Often times I'll lose a base because I don't know how to play on that particular map yet. But in general, there is always a way. You just need to find out the best one.
lyrae
Nugget

View Profile
34: April 26, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »
mostly shrike defence with good light defence/heavy defence using shocklance. satchels mines etc all the usual stuff. lights can get up and going if you have your 5 mobile invs set up at the start of a game so if you get all 5 up in the first 30 sec your flag defence can always equip.

pull people back from other positions if you need to clear the base but try not to take too much from your offence. the best defence is a good offence. adapt and have inteligent players that know what to do at any given time. practice.

but mostly the best way is to be ready, have 1-2 more people on defence at the starts of a match when you know they send more offence. take a capper and light offence to do this maybe. break them and push more people into offence and keep the pressure on. prevention rather than cure.

don't forget that the blaster ignores sheilds so if you get a base full of sheild pack heavies ping away. and always nade(g key) hand grenade. don't leave any of the three your equiped with at spawn for the enemy to pick up. grenade grenade grenade.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:19:30 PM by lyrae »
poopster
Nugget

View Profile
35: April 29, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
Sometime's you have to fight fire with fire. Unless you have really good LD, organized D and/or maybe a group teaming up to protect the gens, you may have to try and match up their HO with HO. Slow them down trying to HO back. Slow their momentum and increase yours.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:34:23 PM by poopster »

The poop is on you..
Sylock
Nugget

View Profile
36: June 16, 2009, 12:22:56 PM »

I play heavy offense quite a bit and camp the enemy base with a shield pack. The thing that annoys me most with this are people who come at me with blasters. If they use any other weapon, chances are I will kill them before they even get through my shield. Blaster on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about that. Every blaster shot brings me a little closer to death. So long as you make sure I'm not getting repair kits to regain the lost health, constantly respawning and shooting me with a blaster is guaranteed to kill me eventually - probably faster than any other method available to you if you can't get a loadout. But keep in mind, even after you kill me, if my base is up, I will be back in very short order. So, your team needs to expend some effort in keeping my base down, or else the HO train will simply continue.

Would you say blaster over ELF/(mine disc/plasma/cg)?
a couple points:
you shouldn't be using elf at all, blaster would be a lot better.  If you can suit up and get an elf though, you might as well suit up in light shield and try to mine disc/nade them while you're at it.  mine disc and nades are generally the best way to clear ho out of a base. 
try to toss your health kit before you go into retake the base.  it helps the campers more than it helps you.
For the record, i disagree with kryand on a couple of things: about the blaster,  i'll only use it if they're low on health, but i typically just spam hand nades and discs.  Secondly, i don't think the defense generally should be the ones helping retake the base, and i don't think you really want the offense getting back on offense as soon as possible in many circumstances.  the defense, particularly the ld, should not be wasting time trying to retake their base; they should be watching the flag.  The HO for your team, when they die, should usually try to help your hd/farmers bring the gen back up.  while i understand the feeling of urgency to quickly head out to offense, lest the other team bring even more pressure, usually it's counterproductive, as on many maps, a team of ill-equipped lights (or worse yet, lights in spawn) will get chewed up by laser rifles and turrets.  If they are consistently holding the gens for periods of time while your offense is struggling to stay alive on their side of the field, it unfortunately is usually a result of being just outclassed (or terribly uncoordinated with the rest of your team).  better ho will simply stay alive a lot longer and will be a lot more consistent and effective at keeping a base down, and likewise, a bad hd will let them in and allow them to camp it far more often

i would be more prone to agreeing with proj on the state of who helps get the defense up, however from a ho perspective  i think sometimes the easiest and hardest part of raping can start with a route, u take a ho off a route (conc nade and elf defense) can really put a damper on raping consistently, especially if they are really good at it.  not really good for interior fighting tho.  this game is, in a nutshell, a game of endurance vs persistence.  ur defense needs to be enduring, so that ur offense can be persistent.  higher up in the game sometimes its all about who breaks first.
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
37: June 16, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
I dunno. To me, rape just means they want to win and not play. They don't want a challenge.
teratos
Assault

View Profile
38: June 16, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
The rape train...

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
teratos
Assault

View Profile
39: June 16, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
YOU CAN'T STOP IT

- sgtvindetta
PROJECTILE
SeŮor Nugget

View Profile
40: June 19, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
I dunno. To me, rape just means they want to win and not play. They don't want a challenge.
unfortunately, thinking like that will leave you losing.
you can adapt and persevere, or you can whine that it's cheap

ps raping is a lot of fun if you're good at it.  and it can be a challenge, too, against a good team.
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
41: June 21, 2009, 05:21:18 AM »
riiiiiiiight
DUN_DUNNA
SeŮor Nugget

View Profile WWW
42: June 21, 2009, 08:55:30 AM »
Raping the enemy base is fun, but raping without capping the enemy flag is useless. I've seen too many maps in pubs where the rape train lost, because the other team played the flag!

blazzingroach
Nugget³

View Profile
43: June 22, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
Didn't Popguns & Poosies do a song called Rapetrain?

I'm on the rapetrain
Bottoms up
I'm on the rapetrain
Fill my boost
I'm on the rapehtrain
Ready to crash and burn
They'll never learn
I'm on the rapetrain
I love that stuff
I'm on the rapetrain
I can never get enough
I'm on the rapetrain
Gonna to return - yeah
iwannawhineawhineawhine
rapetrainnnnnnnn ooooh!

with no appologies to axel

BLAZE ON!
izraqthedark
Nugget

View Profile
44: May 27, 2010, 08:40:12 AM »
I play defense a lot and I've been playing since the first tribes so here I go.  I usually have a medium armor load out that doubles as defense and engie or repair guy whatever you want to call me.  My load out is a good balance of inside and outside defense: I have blaster(good for corner shots and a rapid fire weapon that can surpass shields), chaingun (obvious reasons), ELF (is great for stopping something before it starts usually you'll want to use it outside and hope someone can come and help while the guy is more or less trapped on the ground), and missile launcher (shooting down bombers and other airborne threats), normal or concussion grenades are nice more so concussion since it makes them drop their weapon and great to buy you some time, mines, repair pack ( heal your base and self if needed).  I always go for sensors before turrets because the turrets basically have no range other than right in front of them without sensors.... I hope this helps if anyone has something to add to this I'm open to suggestions.

I force feed vegetarians spinfusor disks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything