TribesNext

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

TribesNext >  TribesNext.com Forums >  Tribes 2 >  Strategies and Guides >  How to deal with rape train? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: How to deal with rape train?
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
45: July 20, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »
Pointless, you can't stop the HO train.

Oddly enough, you can. It was easy, too. All it took was a shield pack and an ELF cannon. They blow themselves up when you drain their shields.

Think about it. Someone waltzes into a base thinking "I'm INVINCIBLE BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" and they activate their shield and spam mortars all over the place. Even around themselves. Drain their shields and the aforementioned thought becomes "bwahahahahahahaOSHI-"

Wow. There is no feeling like making someone commit suicide. I don't care that I don't get the points for killing them. It makes them look like noobs and makes you look like you know what you're doing, which is perfect for me Cheesy

Admittedly, this relies on two major things. ONE: you're ready for them with the loadout (Juggernaut prefered) and TWO: you're in an enclosed environment. And it might be a good idea to have other people out there who take some health off of them before they get in. Remember, BLASTERS ARE YOUR FRIEND. And so are ELFs!

THAT'S MORTALS FOR YOU,  Death continued. THEY'VE ONLY GOT A FEW YEARS IN THIS WORLD AND THEY SPEND THEM ALL IN MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED FOR THEMSELVES.
teratos
Assault

View Profile
46: August 02, 2010, 04:42:37 PM »

Oddly enough, you can. It was easy, too. All it took was a shield pack and an ELF cannon. They blow themselves up when you drain their shields.

Think about it. Someone waltzes into a base thinking "I'm INVINCIBLE BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" and they activate their shield and spam mortars all over the place. Even around themselves. Drain their shields and the aforementioned thought becomes "bwahahahahahahaOSHI-"

Wow. There is no feeling like making someone commit suicide. I don't care that I don't get the points for killing them. It makes them look like noobs and makes you look like you know what you're doing, which is perfect for me Cheesy

Admittedly, this relies on two major things. ONE: you're ready for them with the loadout (Juggernaut prefered) and TWO: you're in an enclosed environment. And it might be a good idea to have other people out there who take some health off of them before they get in. Remember, BLASTERS ARE YOUR FRIEND. And so are ELFs!
Derailing a single car doesn't stop the rape train - it still smashes into you.

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
47: August 03, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »

Derailing a single car doesn't stop the rape train - it still smashes into you.

Have you ever even SEEN a train? Do you know what happens when you derail ONE CAR???

Anyway, after recovering from your unrealistic stupidity, I came up with this: Just do the same thing to everyone else in the train. If there's two heavies defending, one with a rep pack, you really can't keep the base down very long. Also, smart defenders usually keep an inventory station nearby, out of mortar blast area.

The situation becomes "Bwahahaha I just raped your base" *dead* "Haha, I'll jet over there and HOLY JESU-" raped by fourteen plasma rifles

And if derailing a single car doesn't stop the train, tell that to the people on Goons. They haven't figured that out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:59:47 AM by Dr Horrible »

THAT'S MORTALS FOR YOU,  Death continued. THEY'VE ONLY GOT A FEW YEARS IN THIS WORLD AND THEY SPEND THEM ALL IN MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED FOR THEMSELVES.
teratos
Assault

View Profile
48: August 05, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
You're still editing? omg, slow down!

Have you ever seen a train wreck? Everything in front of the spot where a car derailed is still completely smashed. Thanks for player - sorry you lose.

THIS RAPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES!

"Enjoy the rest of your sad elitist life as I will pursue helping gamers in this gamer generation, and perhaps you will develop an unstretchable itch in the knowledge that people like you mean very little to me, or anyone else with strong care in anything that they pursue."
 - sgtvindetta
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
49: August 15, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »
You're still editing? omg, slow down!

Have you ever seen a train wreck? Everything in front of the spot where a car derailed is still completely smashed. Thanks for player - sorry you lose.

THIS RAPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES!

Dude: You've just derialed the first few cars of a train. I don't think you'll have any problems dealing with the only two or three cars that will actually hit you at that point.

Assuming you want to keep the metaphor going: Your sensors and turrets are trashed, and maybe even your vehicle bay, but your generator's fine.

And the cool thing is, after pulling this off for awhile, they give up Cheesy how cool is that?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:52:06 PM by Dr Horrible »

teratos
Assault

View Profile
50: August 24, 2010, 08:44:19 PM »
Three or four guys tried to defend their base from the inside and two from the outside tonight. Do you know what that got them?

A mortar to the face.

I come bearing gifts of RAPE RAPE RAPE.

- sgtvindetta
teratos
Assault

View Profile
51: August 24, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »
Your gens, your invs, your turrets and deployables, even your naked spawns - they are all going boom. You can't stop it.

- sgtvindetta
Blakhart
Juggernaught

View Profile
52: August 25, 2010, 04:43:29 AM »
rape means they dont want to play, they just want to win by keeping you from the invos
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
53: August 25, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
rape means they dont want to play, they just want to win by keeping you from the invos

Vat a tvist! Didn't really think about it like that. I guess it's ok if they do it once or twice during a critical point in the game and plan it out... Not constant stuff from one guy...

Your gens, your invs, your turrets and deployables, even your naked spawns - they are all going boom. You can't stop it.

And I've noticed that we've gotten off course from the original topic. Best way is probably to ignore it as much as you can, but be ready to repair stuff soon. If the base is down for awhile and nobody can go in and find anything to destroy, they get bored and leave. Unless you're as single-minded as Teratos is proving to be, in which case you'll only have one rapist to deal with for most of the rest of the map. See above for dealing with that.

Three or four guys tried to defend their base from the inside and two from the outside tonight. Do you know what that got them?

A mortar to the face.

I come bearing gifts of RAPE RAPE RAPE.

They kinda suck at this, then. I've consistently defended from two juggies at a time. It's the scouts with shield packs and plasma rifles that annoy me. And if they come at the same time, then it's not a rape train, this requires different tactics.

teratos
Assault

View Profile
54: August 31, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
I had something like 560 points raping gens today.

I come bearing gifts of RAPE RAPE RAPE!

That was without help from teammates (in the gen room). You just can't defend it.

- sgtvindetta
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
55: August 31, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »
I had something like 560 points raping gens today.

I come bearing gifts of RAPE RAPE RAPE!

That was without help from teammates (in the gen room). You just can't defend it.

I find it astounding that everything I've said about you is being proven true in this one post.

Gen rooms seem surprisingly easy to defend if you know what you're doing. Get a few motion sensors and keep the person from getting to the room in the first place. Blasters against the shield guys, plasmas for all else. Actually, plasmas are surprisingly effective against shields, mostly for their fast fire rate and decent damage. Oh, and... grenade launchers, I guess...

teratos
Assault

View Profile
56: September 01, 2010, 09:06:09 AM »
I refuted your baseless assertions with cold, hard facts. If four guys inside and a half dozen outside (with turrets) couldn't defend the gens, why do you think you would be able to keep me out?

You have no chance.

make your time

- sgtvindetta
blazzingroach
Nugget³

View Profile
57: September 01, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »

BLAZE ON!
Dr Horrible
Nugget

View Profile
58: September 01, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
I refuted your baseless assertions with cold, hard facts. If four guys inside and a half dozen outside (with turrets) couldn't defend the gens, why do you think you would be able to keep me out?

You have no chance.

make your time

I was talking about you being single minded and obsessive. What were YOU talking about?

teratos
Assault

View Profile
59: September 01, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »

You have no chance.

make your time

I was talking about you being single minded and obsessive. What were YOU talking about?

I'm glad to see that you finally admitted that the rape train cannot be stopped.

Am I single-minded? Maybe if you mean I want to win.

Typically I rape gens and return flags, but I occasionally make grabs (mostly e-grabs) or just go kill people in light armor or HoF.

- sgtvindetta
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

irc.quakenet.org / #TribesNext Powered by SMF  © Simple Machines
anything