How to deal with rape train?

13»

Comments

• Yeah, my post is fact. Yours is not.

A FORUM RULE.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, my post is fact. Yours is not.

A FORUM RULE.

I've been thinking about what you said. It's true, the train can't be stopped, just delayed/derailed/paused/killed as it comes. People are too stupid to stop doing something just because they die six times trying to do it. There's always the hope that the seventh time will work. I apologize for thinking these people are smart. That was stupid of me.
  • I come bearing gifts of RAPE RAPE RAPE!
  • If you are in said Goonhaven game, and theres a steady stream of 3-5 HO that know their paths or have nice campy spots they can fire at your base from... no you aren't stopping the rape train. You can't keep a good HO out of your base forever, and while you may derail his approach or even kill him, its likely said HO knows more than one way to rape you. base.

You see the beauty of the rape train, is that there is rarely just one 'entrance' hole, and if the team devotes enough people to one entrance, its never a garuntee that the HO will rape from a different direction. Or sometimes even worse: get a vantage point where he can fire mortars into base orifaces from far far away. This is still rape, but he rapes you without getting inside you. He kind of mindfucks you, because when you disc jump at him in your spawn, he either pegs you with a missile, midair, or decides to abandon his post just as it starts to become dangerous.

But lets say your team gets a farm up, and has some good D, and is able to stop those HO. Well pretty soon you get to deal with the assault+shield pack/light cloaker/SJ rapers that rape without your knowledge. Then you get home and you're like 'wtf when did I get raped?'

Ultimately the only way to stop heavies from getting into your base (reliably) is to deny them their invos. Counter-rape. If you can get enough pressure on the other team's base and assets, it often serves as an excellent D.