RubyIntersect error after closing Tribes 2

I'm getting this error right after I log off tribes2.
I'm running windows vista 32. I used the xp compatibility still the same error. ???
  • error.gif

Comments

• >> Split from General Discussion topic

I am also getting this error. I run Windows Vista 32 bit Home Edition Premium.
  • Same error, Vista 32 too
  • This was discussed in the IRC channel last night. Something about how the process actually closes is interpreted by Vista as a crash, though it is a successful close.

For now the fix appears to be to just tell Vista to close it.
  • Yeah, I just looked in my logs for that. Better put that in the FAQ.
  • edited March 2009
    Intrestingly, Windows XP doesn't produce such behavior.

But yes... I do use abort() instead of exit() in the specific instance to guarantee a close of the interpreter once the game dies. Ruby tends to be uncooperative when exit() is called.

I'll produce a new rubyintersect.dll version that works around this.

Edit:
    I've fixed this by switching abort() to ExitProcess() in the terminator thread. We'll release an RC2a shortly to fix this and the other bug found in RC2.
  • Everything running smooth now thanks for the quick fixes. ;D
  • When I press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys I get the Windows Task Manager. Why does it say that RUBYINTERSECT is runing like 55 diffent processes???
  • Perhaps you are not running the latest patch version? Or, those are RubyIntersect processes left over from before you upgraded?
  • When there is a new PATCH upgrade. Can there be a message sent everytime users try and log on to the Servers? That way we can all stay up to date?
  • wut he said^
  • When there is a new PATCH upgrade.

Patch RC2a was live as of... saturday? yeah, saturday.
    Can there be a message sent everytime users try and log on to the Servers? That way we can all stay up to date?

That would be neat.
  • You should check the "TribesNext" tab more often...

Maybe we can get some type of e-mail newsletter thing set up or something...
  • Maybe we can get some type of e-mail newsletter thing set up or something...

Yeay, or if theres a new un-read article, the TribesNext tab could highlight, or flash, or something badass like that.
  • Don't be lazy guys, all you have to do is hit that tab. Just for 15 seconds.
  • When there is a new PATCH upgrade. Can there be a message sent everytime users try and log on to the Servers? That way we can all stay up to date?

there are plans for an autoupdater in the future.