RC2a Help Needed

Hi, i'm new to the Tribes 2 Gaming Community however I am having a problem with the RC2a Multiplayer Patch; the problem seems to be localized to only that patch as when I install an older version of the TribesNext Patch, the problem goes away until I try to sign up for an account.

Details of the problem are listed below:

With RC2a TribesNext Patch Installed
Whenever I try to run the game it goes through some startup proceedures in a dos window before that window goes away, well at that time an Unhandled Exception comes up the error is listed as C0000005 at address 00000005 and the game crashes before even coming up; I try everything I can think of plus almost everything I have found on the forums but nothing seems to work.

With RC1e TribesNext Patch Installed
With this Patch Installed the game runs perfectly I can run lan servers and connect to the alternate servers, I can even play the training missions ust fine without any UE Errors popping up anywhere; the problem is with this Patch installed whenever I try to create an account I get to step 3 and another error comes up.

Once I make it to step 3 and put in my desired username and password it acts like it is going through, then when it gets done an error comes up and says there was a problem with the request or something to that effect; it then switches back to step 3 where if I click finish it just does that again.

Thanks for any help as I am eager to play this game, it seems to be pretty cool and from what I have seen so far; the comminuty looks even cooler.

Comments

• You cannot create accounts with an RC1 version now that RC2 has been released.

Make sure to wipe out all DSO files once you upgrade from RC1 to RC2.
  • edited April 2009
    Thats the problem, the only time I get the UE Error is when I upgrade to RC2 or RC2a; I even tried deleting all the DSO files right after installation of the patch, still no luck. The only way I can get the game to play error free is without the RC2 Patch, like I said though RC1e works fine but like you said it can't be used to create accounts which leaves me stuck.

For some odd reason the only time I get this error is when RC2 is installed, RC1e or earlier patchs don't cause this UE to come up; which indicates there either must be someting I'm doing wrong or something about the patch and my game.