Renegades server is up!

You'll see it in the list, named something like: Cat's www.armchairs.be :D

Comments

• edited January 2009
    The mod doesn't actually seem to work for me, unless I'm doing something wrong -- shows up as Renegades in the listing, but there's nothing different about the inventory layout. Same applied to two other Renegades servers I tried.
  • Maketa: This usually happens when there are DSO files in your install from a mod you've run previously. You can search for files named .dso and delete them, or you can use a DSO remover such as this one: http://xfer1.the-construct.net/tribes2/etc/DSO Remover.bat
    (Just pop it in your mod folder and run)
  • edited January 2009
    edit: It seems DSO remover in \gamedata\ on the host's side worked, thank you :)
  • Do I need to install anything special to run Renegades? It's been a long time since I played Tribes 2. ;D
  • When I'm not trying to crash my ai base server, my ultra server is up for anyone who wants some fast and furious play.

Blair Lag Project
  • Any CTF renegades servers planned? I was a -huge- Renegades player on Aether.net back in the day and I've been itching to use it again after being stuck with Classic's sniper style. IIRC One of you is set to bounty, the other is using TWL maps.

I can't recall, is there a way to setup T2 to auto-download maps?
  • You can get the official and unofficial Renegades files here:
    http://renwerx.com/download.cgi?Game=Tribes 2
  • You can get the official and unofficial Renegades files here:
    http://renwerx.com/download.cgi?Game=Tribes 2

Oh man, that brought back sweet memories. I'll make sure I've got everything kosher on my end, after that the next step is getting people to play something other than Classic, or finding old Renegades players.

Love me some Renegades.
  • There are still some old Renegades players around. I know some of the old teams like }p9{plan9 still lurk around the RenWerX site.

However, I've never played Renegades myself, so when they go off ranting about it, I don't really understand what they're saying.
  • There are still some old Renegades players around. I know some of the old teams like }p9{plan9 still lurk around the RenWerX site.

However, I've never played Renegades myself, so when they go off ranting about it, I don't really understand what they're saying.

:D

I'll hop over to RenWerx to see if I can get some activity going. Sadly the only server with pure Ren at the moment is European and sporting a massive ping. If we get things rocking, you should try it out!
  • Gimme Lead said on the RenWerX forum he'd host a low ping renegades server off MaxOGC for a $10/month donation. If the offer still stands, I'm ready to pitch in if someone else is. Here's the link.
  • GimmeLead and all the MaxOGC staff are pretty good people. I know they've run servers for RenWerX developers, and they've been nothing but the highest quality.
  • Gimme Lead said on the RenWerX forum he'd host a low ping renegades server off MaxOGC for a $10/month donation. If the offer still stands, I'm ready to pitch in if someone else is. Here's the link.

While I'm tempted I'm notoriously tight with my money. When the TribesNext community gets a little larger I will reconsider, at this time, most of the servers on the list are wasted cash as they're dead.
  • I've basically come to the conclusion that you have. There are only two to four servers worth playing at all, and that's at peak time. I just wonder if a Ren server couldn't be one of them.

I've got a Dell Poweredge server running linux in my house, but I assume you need a static IP to have a functional tribes server (not to mention issues I've heard vaguely mentioned about TN and linux).
  • I've basically come to the conclusion that you have. There are only two to four servers worth playing at all, and that's at peak time. I just wonder if a Ren server couldn't be one of them.

I've got a Dell Poweredge server running linux in my house, but I assume you need a static IP to have a functional tribes server (not to mention issues I've heard vaguely mentioned about TN and linux).

Lots of people requires a big pipe, something you usually wouldn't find in a residence. The most successful servers I've seen have been dropped off at the office of someone else. Find someone with some pipe and kiss some ass. No, that sentence wasn't meant to be suggestive.
  • i support renegades in every way possible
  • Considering I used to be in the clan that was lead by the person that programmed Renegades (Qing from NQP!) I fully support a Renegades server anyday
  • Go go Renegades! I used to play in BarX way back when (7 years ago?)... I remember when Plan9 started up and was just crushing the competition for a long time... then I kinda left the scene soon thereafter.

Regardless, I want to see Ren Server get up and running! Best mod EVER!
  • This looks like fun, I will see if I can get some more 3rd Generations guys back to play.
  • It would be nice to get a solid group of people playing Renegades. I, myself, played awhile back in multiple clans (AFO,STD,OSO..). Unfortunetly, I havn't seen a steady base of players. Not to mention the only server I did see was pinging at 200 for me.
  • I think there are still quite a few Renegade players around, it's just that they all check in at different times. The }p9{ guys visit the RenWerX forums occasionally.

Someone needs to take the initiative to go around and contact the old teams and publicize events.

I myself don't play, but if there is anything RenWerX can do to help, let me know.
    I'll try to make it happen.
  • How do you get the dedicated Ren server to work. Proper files are installed, no DSO's, but still when started won't list it on the server list.
  • If there was a high enough demand i could probably round up some of the old [STD] guys and i can get into contact with Cybergyn but i doubt he would host a server if theres only going to be like 5 people playing at a given time for it.
  • I'd definitely play some Ren.
  • Its about time REN is coming back. I have been waiting for this.
  • If you build it, they will come.... 8)