Does tribesnext need help?

If you need additional help scripting etc weather it would be clientside or serverside may I offer some assistance. There are long 1.5 hour rides twice a day to work and my laptop could use new means of doing stuff.

Also has anyone blasted out to other sites about this? There are normally 100-200 people playing but it would be funny to have 2000 again like the old days :D

/MeBaD

Comments

• That's what I was thinking,

Is there any way we can advertise this better? It would have to be on sites that maybe a computer gamer who played T2 would see it...

I'm pretty sure I'f I had the contact info's of all the players I use to play with they would be back in a jiffy...

I'm pretty sure we can hit a 1000 mark easily.
  • Back when it first came online it was advertised a lot. Front page TribalWar news, giant Something Awful thread, various mentions on other gaming news sites. Nothing too major, but I'm sure it's a lot more publicity than anyone expected. Mere person-to-person or forum-to-forum advertising isn't going to get us any more people than it already has. The only thing I can think of now would be something like overhauling the graphics to trick people into thinking its a new game, and then trying to get advertisements on some of the major gaming sites or e-news sites.
  • The ideal way would be to have the hottest people we can slut themselves to the owners of the right of the tribes franchise and make it totally open sourced. Mix in some of the ideas of legends and get it working with SCRIPTING on something like a hybrid torque/crytek engine. Most just don't have the time at the moment.
  • I don't know that game development companies are all about hot sluts as much as they are about star trek. Besides, TribesNext is right where it should be imho. We don't need the rights.
  • Back when it first came online it was advertised a lot. Front page TribalWar news, giant Something Awful thread, various mentions on other gaming news sites. Nothing too major, but I'm sure it's a lot more publicity than anyone expected. Mere person-to-person or forum-to-forum advertising isn't going to get us any more people than it already has. The only thing I can think of now would be something like overhauling the graphics to trick people into thinking its a new game, and then trying to get advertisements on some of the major gaming sites or e-news sites.

Oh shit, you mean this is pretty much it and we probably won't see another influx of players? I for one blame goon haven for being a shitty server :P

I'll post an SA thread about it when T2 hits Crysis standard graphics.

Oh shit, you mean this is pretty much it and we probably won't see another influx of players? I for one blame goon haven for being a shitty server :P

I'll post an SA thread about it when T2 hits Crysis standard graphics.

project-rise.org I believe .... It already has and is going to convert to warhead. I don't think a game with this much stuff going on can handle good graphics really .. heh.

And some decent players in Goons. Also many cheaters but hey, ya better pull that chaingun out cause I got 10 years of mine discing coming at you at 400 KPH :D
  • to be honest the way I found tribesnext 3 days ago was when I did a search of tribes 2 on youtube and thankfully someone posted the tribesnext website and said they were up.

Maybe they should post a lot of tribes videos on youtube and post in the description its up again, that would def. catch the eye of old tribes 2 players if the video's were good enough.