Create new account > account server

edited May 2009 in Support
It just freezes at the first step... i disabled firewall, and everything, and still nothing... looking at firewall, 0kbs are being exchanged to and back.

It says... it's offline. I don't get it... Looking at my firewall, it goes thru ports, every 2 ports. Like 2502, 2504, 2506, 2508, etc... and doesn't connect

Does this seem right to you guys?

34r8t2a.png

Comments

• Looks like the game isn't able to acquire the account server location from the HTTP server.

That's a firewall problem.
  • edited May 2009
    but.... how can it be the firewall when i turned it off? o_O

Well, now it works. My firewall is still up, and it actually sees the server now... that's WEIRD!
  • If it's intermittent, it could be an affinity problem, as indicated in the FAQ.
  • edited May 2009
    Now i don't see anything in the list... geez

And it says it doesn't find authentication server (account server)

so i guess it's down

Edit - Okay, i quit. I don't know what's the problem with it not connecting... I give up
  • Why are you going to give up? You didn't even try that hard compared to the other guys who had problems here. ;)

Some firewalls still do HTTP filtering even though you've disabled it.
    Also, you'll need to unblock ALL ports on TCP for Tribes 2.
  • and what ports are those?
  • All ports for the local application IP. 192.168.0.101:*
  • This has been posted elsewhere I know but if it's blockiing HTTP connections it could be that you are using AVG virusscanner. You need to go into the AVG control panel and disable the component called 'Link scanner'. That will allows the queries to the master server and hopefully solve your problem. Hope this helps.