Station Problems

Hello, I started modding a copy of CCM 3.3
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/deranged/CombatConstruction.zip

I did absolutely nothing to modify the inventory or vehicle stations, then when I started the game up, the vehicle pad was elevated, you could walk through it and there was no vehicle buy pad anywhere on it, then, when you tried to use the inventory Station, it would start, but right before the FX played, it would disconnect you with this:

DIsconnected:
Invalid Packet:
Gamebase::unpackUpdate()

I attached 3 pictures showing this
  • screen1.png
  • screen2.png
  • error.bmp

Comments

• I believe the Gamebase::unpackUpdate() error is related to either attempting dynamic datablock reloads, or a misconfigured Image (or perhaps FX) datablock.

See if there's a syntax error in your station/vpad (or any of the related) files, or try reverting to an older version of your codebase.

Oh, and please use JPEG or PNG instead of BMP files.
  • well, the problem continues, I reverted back to my TWM station.cs file, and that changed nothing

Speaking of, Can you list all of the files where the VehiclePad and Inventory Station are? It's not playing the usual inv station sound when you step on the pad, which leads me to believe it's a problem with that file.
  • Files relating (in some form) to inventory/vpad:
    • station.cs
    • stationSetInv.cs
    • inventory.cs
    • inventoryHud.cs
    • vehicles/vehicle.cs
    • vehicles/serverVehicleHud.cs
    • vehicles/vehicle_spec_fx.cs

You might even try checking your server.cs to see if anything is preventing the execution of any of those files at server startup..
  • checked those files, and server.cs and still not working, there are no syntax errors occurring, and the sound on the inventory Station is still playing the different sound.
  • who the hell uses BMP files? that breaks at least 5 internet laws

anyway i have no idea but i wanted to post the above sentence

.bmp is the file format that the game uses when you take a screen shot. None of the above files fixed anything, nor did any of the listed suggestions work.

.bmp is the file format that the game uses when you take a screen shot. None of the above files fixed anything, nor did any of the listed suggestions work.
    Um, no...
    The game outputs PNG files to the GameData folder.
    The BMP is something you took a screenshot of, and pasted into paint/equivalent.

Phantom, check to see if any files with datablocks are executing later in the server initialization (i.e. after CreateServer finishes execution), or after somebody joins.

Otherwise, the only thing I could suggest is either undoing/redoing every change you've made until you figure out what the issue is, or reverting (completely) to an older revision of your code.
  • I couldn't figure this out, So I just restarted from .70a. Everything is working now, so it leads me to believe there was something wrong with CCM 3.3 from the start.